Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gam0n

01-17-2011

Chances are he wasn't fired >.> <.< Riot just wants to shut us up and give him another online handle. I'll be checking his facebook...

all in the game

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

when will you be filling the position? i can answer the phone well and this game never makes me rage, i swear!

Har

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clustercluck View Post
It makes me kind of sad for him. He lost his cool and now he has to find a new job and possibly move. His life is ruined over losing his temper once and nobody should be happy about that. It's a video game, guys. Someone's life is ruined. It's not funny or good.
It is definitely sad. But that's life for ya, you make one mistake and live with the consequences for the rest of your life. Every adult person learns that sooner or later, usually in a sad or nasty way. That's what "being professional" means - it's about realizing the consequences of what you're about to do BEFORE you actually do it, and refraining.

That's just how it goes, and you can't ask Riot to lower their standards just so one guy can continue to live sheltered from reality.

Shiresk

01-17-2011

That's why I have faith on RIOT, now I will play a game!

13eta

01-17-2011

Riot should just do it like GameFAQs: anonymous moderation with an appeal system that consists of your post being reviewed by progressively bigger *******s.

This way, they can get away with all sorts of abuses without pissing off too many people.

Grunge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Thank you for making a formal topic about this. Glad to see justice was served.

xTheMadHatter

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
whats hilarious is this seems to be the general opinion about the kid he raged on :

so not only does some kid get his real life totally ruined, but a player, who presumable is kind of a d-hole, becomes a hero. awesome. abuse of power or not, i might have preferred that over the outcome. a two day ban from a video game you pay nothing for is hardly groundbreaking.

the saddest thing is what a public spectacle its become. its become a situation of right and wrong and what "side" your on, rather then an unfortunate circumstance where BOTH parties were at fault.

i guess its hard to feel good about justice being served when one persons life is ruined and the kid that actually seems to be a lingering ****weed (xiipp) continues to play and is glorified as a community hero.
Fact of the matter is the employee did not handle the situation appropiately.

Tricolor

01-17-2011

does that means that we arent going to win a free astronaut teemo skin ?....

Vakabiel

01-17-2011

Ironically enough, I had mandatory harassment training today at work.

platty

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomnomsu View Post
man **** kid cost a real life person their job and livelyhood.

This is UNREAL, and a complete and total overreaction of a relatively minor offense.
It got A LOT of publicity real fast. Its unfortunate for him, but you can't use racial slurs while representing a big company, and not expect to get fired.