Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotWarty

04-17-2011

Nice wrap up to the story. Raging is something that lots of LoL players (including me) have to work on. I find it pretty awesome that PsyonicReaver owned up to his actions.

Edit: Why the hell was the thread moved to off topic?
This thread serves a valuable lesson to most of LoL's players. The necro was worth it, and a sincere apology for something as big as this shouldn't be thrown into the pit of "most people don't read this" that is the Off-Topic forum.
If anything, this thread promotes "positive" action in the community...

LuserCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-17-2011

Why was this moved to off-topic?

Dillinger2

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post
Nice wrap up to the story. Raging is something that lots of LoL players (including me) have to work on. I find it pretty awesome that PsyonicReaver owned up to his actions.
Completely agree

necrophagist1

04-17-2011

I hope Riot hires Brent back.

I've had games where people fed like crazy (sometimes on purpose just to troll, sometimes because they were just new to the champ, etc.) and basically dragged the team down.

Unfortunately, this occurs almost every other if not every single game that one does solo queue.

I've played ranked games where people try out champions, or just plain do so poorly that their entire team basically has to suffer because of one person. I'm not saying what Brent did was right, but there are some serious issues to consider on both sides.

There are many people like Brent who want to win whatever the cost. I fit into that category because I don't enjoy losing, especially when its not my fault. The matchmaking system can be a joke sometimes because you get that one person (or people) who cannot play the game decently. I don't call people names that are offensive on an epic level (unless they are trolling... like morgana with AD items -.-).

I honestly think that people should try out champs in a custom game vs easy bots to first learn their new champion before jumping into normals (DONT JUMP INTO RANKED IF ITS UR FIRST TIME OMG). Its frustrating when you get people who're like LOL FIRST TIME NASUS... in ranked.

Just my 2 cents... I just played a game with a Miss Fortune who was afk at our turret for 6 min, then proceeded to steal jungle from our jungler, and then went something like 2/14... then afk'd under enemy turret... That will piss anyone off, especially when the MF is like LOL U MAD KID.

RiotWarty

04-17-2011

And... of course, this thread in the off topic forum becomes inactive.

TheHerpaDerpa

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiiPP View Post
Hi Brent,

I accept your apology. I respect your effort to publicly apologize to the community and myself for what happened in the past. First of all, I would like to say I completely understand where you were coming from in that situation. Online gaming has the strange ability to provoke our deepest angers for some reason. Furthermore, team based games where you are assigned with random team mates are increasingly more frustrating. The whole idea of having to play, on average, a 20-50 minute long game with mates that are uneducated, having a bad game, inexperienced, or simply unpleasant to play with adds to this problematic situation. Ill be one to admit that even I have anger issues with this game.

The gaming community needs to change. I know for fact, that if we were playing a non online game that both of our attitudes and sportsmanship would be completely different. The truth is, no one handles themselves the same in real life as they do online. We don't see people playing a game of basketball and trash talking their team mates every time they miss a shot or turn the ball over. However, the whole anonymous factor gives people the courage and ignorance to put down their own team.

Lastly, thanks again for the apology. The whole issue here was a conflict of interest. We're both mature adults and I wish we could have settled this differently. Anyways I wish you best of luck to your future. I really hope that you do succeed in what ever it is that you attempt. I also hope that every can learn from our situation because I know that I certainly did.

Best Wishes,
Xiipp
Thank you Xiipp for the kind words in return. Good luck to you as well in your life choices!