Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redoubts

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam0n View Post
And so a meme has come to and end...
"You're canned, kid."

Crusnik07

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

If anyone is curious what happened, the closed thread where the evidence and story can be found is here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=451882 At page 46 you will find a complete screenshot list.

If linking this thread isn't okay with you Pendragon let me know, I'll take it down. I figured since its already closed and people may be curious they may want to know.

Putzfrau

01-17-2011

whats hilarious is this seems to be the general opinion about the kid he raged on :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
unfortunate. XiiPP is a troll who has lost me games on more than one occasion. i completely understand psychonichero's frustration.
so not only does some kid get his real life totally ruined, but a player, who presumable is kind of a d-hole, becomes a hero. awesome. abuse of power or not, i might have preferred that over the outcome. a two day ban from a video game you pay nothing for is hardly groundbreaking.

the saddest thing is what a public spectacle its become. its become a situation of right and wrong and what "side" your on, rather then an unfortunate circumstance where BOTH parties were at fault.

i guess its hard to feel good about justice being served when one persons life is ruined and the kid that actually seems to be a lingering ****weed (xiipp) continues to play and is glorified as a community hero.

Scar88

01-17-2011

Even after looking at every post / screenshot i could find. I still think firing him was way too far, at most you should of just made it temporary.

Gam0n

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoubts View Post
"You're canned, kid."
xD +1

MiloM

01-17-2011

Not Fired

Suspended without pay for 900 years

Khalmar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

.....anyone else get an odd feeling that this was a setup? Kinda like that one Friend's episode where Monica hired Joey just so she can fire him to show her employees (in this case the playerbase) that she can do it? I mean who really would be that stupid to abuse admin powers after they were hired?

Roccano

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
The guy just got publicly humiliated in addition to publicly terminated. That isn't enough for you?
Nope, it isnt, because he PUBLICLY abused his powers as an employee/intern and in turn ((No pun intended there)) got fired for wrongly banning someone.
I feel justice has been served, and I wanna see his reaction to it all.

cIedus

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Jeff Jew's name is *actually* Jeff Jew.

lol. owned.

and haha, awesome.

mseb warden

01-17-2011

Well as a new employee he kinda put his job in jeopardy, and in any other professional position he would of be canned for it as well.

But Riot seems like a user friendly nice company, so for all we know he could be still working with them but with a new identity + warning ( a clean slate)

anyhow whether its either of the above, i am glad its resolved.