Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaZyLiGeR

01-22-2011

Does anyone know where he got the basis to use the g double o kay word? He might've typoed "look". It flows pretty well with the rest of his sentence. I know the keys are pretty far apart, but I've typoed it before LOL.
But I wasn't there so I wouldn't know if he meant it or not. Anyway, the rest of his actions were quite inappropriate so his loss. Gotta know how to survive in this society.

sleepnaught

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Hello Summoners!

Over the weekend we were informed of an unfortunate incident where a Riot Games employee acted inappropriately during a game he was streaming. Riot employees are held to a high standard and after thorough review of the incident we have determined that the employee’s actions were both inappropriate and outside the confines of Riot Games internal policy. We hold our employees to higher standards of discretion and professionalism, and take matters that impact our community extremely seriously. We have since unbanned the account that was negatively impacted by this regrettable turn of events.

As a result of this unfortunate situation the employee in question is no longer with Riot Games. Additionally, we will be reviewing internal policy and training procedures to take steps to prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

Thanks,
Steve "Pendragon" Mescon
Director of Community Relations
Riot Games Inc

Note: Please keep discussion of this to this thread - all other threads will be closed
K good job now get observer mode and replays out pronto! Just steal Starcraft II's coding imo they have good'uns.

alan420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtheous View Post
It was perhaps inappropriate of him to actually BAN someone, but it was certainly MORE inappropriate for him to be fired.

He was just being human.

Certainly not worth having his livelihood thrown away over.
translation : I think life should be like the public school system!

its not fair i ****ed up gimme another 5 chances

Holy Malevolence

01-22-2011

Necessary evil.

218LoveCyst

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZyLiGeR View Post
Does anyone know where he got the basis to use the g double o kay word? He might've typoed "look". It flows pretty well with the rest of his sentence. I know the keys are pretty far apart, but I've typoed it before LOL.
But I wasn't there so I wouldn't know if he meant it or not. Anyway, the rest of his actions were quite inappropriate so his loss. Gotta know how to survive in this society.
Because he followed "****" with "speak english". lol

Rexny

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radtheous View Post
It was perhaps inappropriate of him to actually BAN someone, but it was certainly MORE inappropriate for him to be fired.

He was just being human.

Certainly not worth having his livelihood thrown away over.
Are there honestly people still saying this? Saying Riot was too harsh?

It isn't just a game to the employee. It relates to HIS JOB. His work environment. I don't know about your workplace, but at mines, if I call someone a racial slur, it's over for me. Doesn't matter if I was upset, having a bad day, etc. I'm gone. Go find the screenshots, take a look at them. If you got treated that way at some retailer by an employee, you sure as hell aren't going to stand around and do nothing.

I understand a lot of you playing this game are still young and have very little experience in the work environment. You're playing this game for fun and feel sorry for others' consequences. Yeah well, it's some serious **** over there on Riot's end when that employee represents them. Hope you guys will learn from this in your own career pursuits.

LegendsLord

01-22-2011

Now I'm scared of a GM's....

DontBlynk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

what happen exactly?

Diøs

Recruiter

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBlynk View Post
what happen exactly?
A staff member rage after a player and ban him (Everything was stream!!)

DontBlynk

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXMarcoolXx View Post
A staff member rage after a player and ban him (Everything was stream!!)
Is it possible to see it? like on a website or something?