Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnal Sin

01-18-2011

While I do approve of punishment, termination may be a bit too far. Kinda a **** move Riot.

Corcupine

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Kale View Post
While I do approve of punishment, termination may be a bit too far. Kinda a **** move Riot.
So many childs around here, you don't call a customer an ignorant ****, and a g00k, and not get fired. Internship is about impressing your boss, and not making a single mistake.

Save Me

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Kale View Post
Wake up from your dream. In the professional world there's no excuse for mistakes of this degree. If you **** up, you're out, simple as that.

Alokin

01-18-2011

A guy lost his job due to some forumfags. Yay.

Real Life Shaco

01-18-2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_6fcq9IggY

The send off.

Shanato

01-18-2011

Community ruins another workplace. Fun is now banned at RIOT games!

Vultures.

Florence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Don't think he should of been fired, if people got fired for **** like that I doubt more then half of the people would be fired. He is a competitive player, I do the same to people, I don't give a ****, if you play bad, you're bad simple as that. Just because he is a Riot employee doesn't mean **** and the guy who was "I'm gonna report you btw" is a little *****. God, people are such little pansies its unbelievable, I would of called them much, much worse things.

TapiocaBall

01-18-2011

26 is not quite old. Commentating for the wcg is not the same as working at a steady job at a company, since they are completely spoon-feeding you what your duties are. Quite different when you take away all that supervision. Him working in a pizzeria doesn't really change him standing to lose a career.

I appreciate the information.

Dirty Foot

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapiocaBall View Post
Maybe it's because from my point of view, there are a lot of worse things that an employee can do besides flipping out and get drunk off their power one time. Are you telling me that you don't think someone in based on his current situation:

- his age
- his first time in a professional setting
- what he stands to lose

would not become a better person if he was given a second chance? Again, I am not just mindlessly preaching forgiveness here. His was an act of immaturity, not malice. His was not an act that cause any permanent damage. I have seen young adults like him turn their behaviors around when they were given a second chance. I have seen people spiral down when they were not.
Letting him off this time would just teach him that he really can just get away with acting like he did. He had an awesome job, with that comes incredible expectations.

People have been fired for faaaaaar less. I was once let go because I parked in the wrong spot at a job once. Psy committed about 5 or 6 separate offenses all at once. Separately, they were huge missteps. When put all together, it just looks like a guy who didn't give a damn.

I'm only a few years from having my juris doctorate. When I pass the bar, I'm automatically under the microscope for every little action I make for the rest of my career. If I were to abuse my power like he did, use racial slurs, or cuss someone out just once, there's a good chance I'll have to go back to school for an entirely new career.

Set Tesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapiocaBall View Post
All true, but I said repeatedly that I don't think firing is the best thing to do from a financial point of view as well as a big-picture point of view. A different set of disciplinary action could have been taken to allow the perpetrator to learn from the mistake.
with the release of the infomation about the tribunal system. this sort of event can really put them in a negative light, not to mention the backlash if somthing wasnt done, while yes they could have done somthing smaller, but i still think there would have been a comunity backlash if that happend aswell.
(http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/58...l-Announcement)

It's not just about lenience. It's thinking about doing what would be the best for the players, the employee, the "victim" and the company, and not get bogged down by the need to sell a proper image.
Ok, what you fail to see here is Image is a HUGE part of a gaming company. they need to sell to new people to get more money to make better stuff, simple

Employee: didn't get a chance to redeem himself, didn't get a chance to apologize, was immediately terminated
actualy he apologized in the thread, but he still didnt tell us everything, then he apologized again blatently lieing to us saying that Ez was afking and thats why he banned him (people who watched the stream quickly shut this down stating that he played the whole game and only missed one team fight due to rage)

Victim: barely a sufficient apology, no real apology, no compensation for the amount of time he invested in making the report.
again you need to read the original thread he did apologize for not giving the whole story when he initialy posted and admited he did let him self get riled up by Psy. if your saying he should get an apology from riot, he probably did but in privat.

Company: loses time and money firing/hiring someone new
il give this analagy again
i go to KFC and rage at someone i get kicked out
i work at KFC and rage at a customer and kick them out for no good reason, i get fired, sometimes the offence dosnt worrent a second chance
(edit: especialy racist comments)

Players: barely a small sense of satisfaction, when in reality they are, even if minutely, responsible for a person losing his job. You can argue about this but it's what happened. It didn't really make many people happier because most people don't even care. They act outraged but they are always looking for a way to act outraged regardless because this game is in fact rage-inducing. As soon as the new champ was released, the majority immediately went on to ***** about him being OP.
actualy no, i folowed this right from the start and i can tell you the evedence (and surprisingly riots responces) really riled up alot of people (including me) and i am VERY pleased to see a responce from riot, am i sad he lost his just, yes, am i sad he was such an idiot to do all that resulting in losing his job, no.

ITS NOT OUR FAULT HE LOST HIS JOB, ITS HIS OWN. i cant stress that enough.

So I am very sorry that the cut-and-run approach doesn't fly by me very well.
would you want someone who abuses power, insults and agrivates customers, and uses racist slurs WHILE LIVESTREAMING working for your company, no you wouldnt, he was an idiot to do this on his intership. maybe this will teach him a lesson or two.

So you think harassing a guy's facebook page is the right thing to do. Writing reddit articles ridiculing the employee is the right thing to do. Ok.
Harassing a guys facebook, no, quite frankly i think thats horrible. the article on the other hand was fine, it didnt even mention his real name, and it was something worth reporting (at the time no reds had come close to responding)

The public is the jury, the judge and executioner is Riot. I am unhappy about how Riot handled the case. I am certainly not impressed to see that the majority of the players have been nothing but vindictive.
Riot would not have fired him without reason, they even stated they were going to do their own PRIVATE investigation on the matter and not just go by what was in the thread, RIOT is Judge, Jury and Executioner, not us.
who knows we may not even have all the details, at one point riot states he should not have had the power to ban, maybe he aquired it through ilegal means.

Maybe it's because from my point of view, there are a lot of worse things that an employee can do besides flipping out and get drunk off their power one time. Are you telling me that you don't think someone in based on his current situation:
what, like leak an unreleased skin to a friend, swear and curse and harrass someone on a livestream
use racist slurs on a livestream
LIEING about the reason for the ban while banning him on livestream
yer there are worse things then just a power trip he did alot more then just an unjust ban

- his age He is an adult and should be treated as one
- his first time in a professional setting dosnt change the fact he did something OBVIOUSLY serious
- what he stands to lose he should have thought about that before he commited the offence

would not become a better person if he was given a second chance? Again, I am not just mindlessly preaching forgiveness here. His was an act of immaturity, not malice. His was not an act that cause any permanent damage. I have seen young adults like him turn their behaviors around when they were given a second chance. I have seen people spiral down when they were not.
unfortunatly he needs to learn there isnt always a second chance, maybe next time he wont take his job for granted
Reply in post

just like to add that i hope he finds another job and LEARNS from his mestake