Nunu's ultimate questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zastels

01-16-2011

I think nunu's ultimate could use a few features. As a new nunu player, I like him a lot but I find his ult hard to use effectively.

Is the proper way to cancel the ult to do partial damage by moving? When I move to cancel because someone is going to run out, it usually does pitiful damage. It only seems to do a good amount when it gets to complete. So I thought maybe I was cancelling it wrong?

Another thing, if it is meant to be cancelled to do partial damage, then I think the player should be given an indicator to help him decide how far along he is. I think if his ult changed to a brighter white over time, or there was a bar or something, so you know if you're going to do 25 / 50 / 75 / or 100% damage.

I also think his passive should use a visual indicator that is not just a small thing on the hud.

Nunu rocks

zastels

01-16-2011

Oh ya, anyone has tips for Nunu?

Fiskerton

01-16-2011

The damage is the same whenever you cancel it. You aren't doing it wrong, it just does pitiful damage when cancelled. That's the point of the ult, to be able to keep the opponent inside long enough. If you use Rylai's or your E before you use the ult, they won't get out unless they flash/ghost out. It's best used with another AoE ult, preferably Amumu's, Kennen's or Galio's.

And yeah, I wish they would use a counter on his passive.

SuperSobotka

01-16-2011

i recently picked up nunu after messing around with him while he was free, heres a few tips thats all just personal.

max ice blast first, at 2 get one level of consume and at 4 get one level of boil blood

nunu is great at laning, whenever you have a free spell feel free to chuck and ice ball at whoever is the squishest.

get ice ball and ulit whenever you can, when you have a choice between boil blood and consume i usually base it on my teamates.

you DONT want to have to go to base, you will miss out on experience so if your team is playing offensive and your teamed up with a good melee damage character go blood boil, if your team is playing more defensively go consume. more health gained will keep you in your lane longer, and this is fantastic. whenever you make someone have to go back to base while you stay there your getting an experience and a gold advantage.

minion waves or the jungle is your friend, dont just go all out against someone let em chase you around some (keeping blood boil on yourself or ice ball is a great way to let them chase you) if a fight isnt going your way, run away consume a neutral monster and jump back in. i love getting double kills because i killed someone was low on health ice balled them, ran away to consume then chased them down with boil blood/another ice ball

i mainly go AP builds with my first items being doran's ring+health potion. i havnt really experimented too much with AP items but anything that looks good that can be made from blasting rods or the 1800 one (+80AP) is nice, AP buffs ice ball, consume (health gained), and your ultimate.

the best tip i have for landing your ultimate is know the enemy team, know what all stuns they have, maybe you have to cancel your ulti early (and as long as your in a good position cancel it by moving towards them into an immediate ice ball) once you have some AP ice ball itself does really nice damage.

ive tried using my ultimate from bushes, and im not 100% but i dont think they can see the circle it makes until they revel you in the grass (which by then its normally too late) i THINK this is the issue though people might just be dumb =p

i hope these random thoughts help if you had any other questions id be happy to try to answer them but like i said im no pro.

TheDesent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

i think that they fixed the bug where whenever nunu is in the brush they still cant see the circle but they cant see it if they're not in the brush might also have fixed if that was a bug too as it should reaveal nunu cuz of the slow

xkawazux

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesent View Post
i think that they fixed the bug where whenever nunu is in the brush they still cant see the circle but they cant see it if they're not in the brush might also have fixed if that was a bug too as it should reaveal nunu cuz of the slow
This is serious threadomancy.
Also your grammar is terrible. You can't see nunu while he is in the bush and ults.