Feeling a bit stumped on Leblanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getupstandup

02-03-2011

My strategy when it comes to playing new champions has always been, "Play the champion I hate playing against the most". So my most recent purchase has been Leblanc.

Every time I see a Leblanc in a match I cringe because I always end up laning against her and need to be cautious she doesn't "make my life bar disappear". But I just can't seem to have any success with her.

In 1v1 scenarios I seem to be doing decent, W in, E, Q, R. Or if they came to me in a bush or something I'd skip the W until they started running. Does Leblanc have ANY role in a team fight? I feel like all I can ever do in a team fight is dance around and occasionally teleport in and immediately out.

Half the time my rotation ends up getting screwed because my Q apparently doesn't go off(actually seems to happen with all my champions who have a click to target spell, maybe im just too fidgety), then I use my R and it sends a 2nd pair of chains at the target. I haven't seen a champion whose rotation has needed to be this tight, it honestly reminds me of my WoW days.

I'll get better with more matches under my belt, but are there any Leblanc players who could share some tips?

DonquixoteDoflamingo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Not much you can do in a teamfight really,
Leblanc excels at 1v1, tho, So you should gank often

StrongGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

you just position yourself well so you can melt their carries or silence

NerdyDan

02-03-2011

usually you shouldnt use W to initiate, since theres no real benefit to that and its hard to trigger the mimic sigil with E.

QRWE or QREW is the standard lifebar disapear combo for leblanc.

or start off with E, then QRW after they are snared

early game, get haunting guise and spell pen boots, grab a mejai and go around ganking ppl. you should be able to take most champs with less than 3/4 hp down at early-mid game.

late game get different boots and grab a void staff instead and get deathcap etc.

the thing with leblanc is that if she doesnt have a good early game she just falls flat.

she is very good at killing the enemy carry in team fights in 2 seconds flat

Ragebeard Manric

02-03-2011

LeBlanc's team fight is to either melt a carry and basically GTFO while you're on CD or 5 second silence someone.

HanSoloQueue

02-03-2011

I don't mind using the W to initiate with Leblanc. It can throw your opponent off, because in 1/10 of a second you've flashed into Q range, blasted a Q+R combo, then teleported out. great for harassing, or going in for the kill.

Ammers

02-03-2011

Never use your W to initiate. Use it to stomp out a runner's life, harass with it during laning phase, or flee if they are out damaging you in a 1v1. Keep in mind that you can jump some walls with it.

Your combo for gank nuking should be QRW + Ignite (to finish them off if you haven't already) with your snare mixed in there at a convenient time.

In team fights, let your team initiate, then go in, do your combo on the first target, then back out until your spells come off CD, then go back in for another combo on the next target. Rinse and repeat until team fight is over.

Use your snare to check bushes. Always fun.

Burbinator

02-03-2011

Agree with everyone else and do the QR combo first for silence. Your snare is easy to hit and long range, it's better for you to silence them first (and more damage in case you have to cut your combo off and run or something).

Claricorp

02-03-2011

She is probably one of the best early game gankers, use this to your advantage and gank every time you get the enemy in your lane to b or die(not to tough as leblance :3) and then gank like hell.

Siky

02-03-2011

Try my guide:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=397365

I've currently turned over to playing more Teemo and Renekton lately so I haven't really been working on LeBlanc, but I still feel like once she stops being able to kill anybody on the other team with 1 combo, she just loses too much utility.

My guide will explain tricks with her as well as stuff to look for when trying to gauge your own damage. The goal at level 6 and on is always to only blow your attack when you know you can kill the target. Failing to do so screws you over by making the enemy overly cautious.