How to get out of low elo: Play Solo top Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrionStars

01-16-2011

So I bought Lux yesterday after seeing how good she actually is, and I have only lost two games so far, one because my team decided to feed the other two lanes non stop (it happens) and one because our Poppy decided to roam the jungle at level 1 and once he gave first blood, he just happened to get two work phone calls during the match. But, other than those two, I have won every single game, with a very good score. Lux is going to get nerfed soon, so this is your chance to play her before then.

Masteries: 9/0/21
Get improved Ghost, the other Utility talents are straight forward, and in the Offense Tree get the 4 CDR and 3 AP talents, followed with the talent that gives you 15% MPEN

Runes
Mpen Red
Mp5/lvl Blue and Yellow
HP Quints

Skill Order
Bind > AoE Slow > AoE Slow > Bind > AoE Slow> Ult > Bind, keep alternating, keeping Bind and AoE slow at the same level

Item Build
Sapphire Crystal x2 HP pots
Catalyst (This is a must, keeps you in the lane forever, makes you able to tank all of the solo tops attacks, more spam = more kills, get this always on your first trip back after you get your kill)
Sorc Boots/Rod of Ages
At this point it is all preference, I either stack AP and change Cata into Rod of Ages, get an Abyssal Scepter, or...maybe Void Staff if you need it

Use Ghost and Ignite, pretty straight forward, Ignite for the extra damage that usually nets most of my kills, Ghost + Bind and AoE slow, it is very hard for them to gank you early game. Just use Q on the jungler coming to gank you. pop Ghost, 450 MS go!

What I usually do is wait til level 3, when I have my slow at a strong point, to start doing the 1 2 punch combo. Just slow them, run up to them, use bind, there goes 1/4th of their hp. At level 6, your opponent should be around half hp from the spam (try not to spam and harass too much, your lane will push and they will recall), use your Slow Bind Ult Ignite and they are dead, usually it's overkill.

That's pretty much it, in all of my games I have ended up with way more CS than the solo mids, and my opponent.

SLB Exxel

01-16-2011

Yeah Lux is really underestimated as an AP carry. Glad you found a champ you do well with.

Reformatsky

01-16-2011

lux is female

EDIT:OP now agrees

Rebel Cardinal

01-16-2011

Or just play Singed and rofl as you fart on everyone chasing you.

Toasted

01-16-2011

1. Lux is a girl
2. Flash >Ghost
3. Level up E to 5 first
4.Get Sheen

OrionStars

01-16-2011

Sorry guys it's almost 3 AM made a typo

thanks for pointing it out

Nbank

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
1. Lux is a girl
2. Flash >Ghost
3. Level up E to 5 first
4.Get Sheen
Pretty much this, the early sheen makes your early burst vey good and fits right in to a lich bane later which I love on Lux. Also an early mejais is great for lux because she is one of the easiest heroes to snowball.

Quarkd

01-16-2011

But...but...I thought solo top Malphite was the trick? Now it's Lux? Gosh.

Eliras

01-16-2011

If Lux gets nerfed I will be severely disappointed.

She's not op in any sense. She's pretty much the definition of a balanced character

Alaric11

01-16-2011

Lux is my favorite. I wub her.

Lux>cho'gath>tristana>ezreal