Looking for Early Game Shaco advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rotanikleb

01-10-2010

So I recently bought Shaco after playing Ashe for nearly 23 Summoner Levels and I'm enjoying it. However, I feel like early game I struggle. I build Shaco for DPS, not AP. Whenever I lane with someone, I feel like I get picked on and die way too easily when I try to farm. If I just sit back and leech EXP, it takes FOREVER to build items (I go Sheen -> Boots -> BF Sword -> Malady -> etc). Endgame I usually end up with around 15 kills and 7 deaths, so that isn't the problem.

I'd just like to know how to be a better early game DPS Shaco. Any advice?

inept

01-10-2010

you have the strongest dps for the first 3-4 levels depending on how much crit damage runes you have

apply early pressure and keep em scared in the lane. if you let them settle in then yes you will get raped being a squishy melee

Xirus

01-10-2010

There's a lot of guides about how to get First blood on Shaco. I recommend reading them, and remember that they're highly dependent on your runes.

Kryostat

01-11-2010

hey, after reading your thread, i decided to make a shaco guide

https://leagueoflegends.com/board/sh...ad.php?t=45128

i hope it helps.

Blodhren

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryostat View Post
hey, after reading your thread, i decided to make a shaco guide

https://leagueoflegends.com/board/sh...ad.php?t=45128

i hope it helps.
Not a bad guide. I will try it out. I have been coming pretty close to your guide, but my items are a bit different. I am never opposed to trying something new though.

Disdasdefa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

I usually go Elixer of Fortitude, 2 HP pots and 1 MP Pots. I hide in the brush in the river and wait for my lane partner to harass the enemy a bit. After I pop my Elixer and move in with Exhaust/Ignite and try and get first blood. If I fail, oh well, if I don't huzzah you just payed off your Elixer of Fortitude. There is a downside. If you miss first blood and die, it could REALLY gimp you throughout the rest of the game. I suggest playing with a premade doing this build. After I do this I get Sheen > Berserker's > Leviathan > Infinity's > Phantom > TriForce and then I get what I want. I am currently stacking Crit DMG runes for the early pwnage.