Death penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337LoL

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by renticletape View Post
A big mistake you might make is "LOLZ LOOK AT NOOB YI WHO IS 0 - 5" and then just ignore him for the rest of the match. He will stack back dooring towers and farming nuetral camps if left alone. Warding up neutral camps and dragon can signicantly shut down his alternative means of getting farmed. Also, if you shut him down that early, your carry should have the delight and ease of seeking him out and solo ganking him all mid-game so that your carry is much more farmed.
Hmm i dont go LOLZ LOOK AT NOOB YI WHO IS 0 - 5, most people would continue to kill him? Problem is if he goes to team fights, he can die and still pick up assist and maybe kills, he WILL eventually become a problem (even if hes 7/14/10), seems like you can just suck for the first 10 lvls and still content in the next eight levels.

Sadness Assassin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

If champions respawned instantly, I could see where a death penalty might be conceivable. However, being stuck dead is penalty enough. Every second dead is a second you're not getting XP, not getting gold, and the enemy is getting gold and XP. Not to mention they have one less champion to worry about while tower pushing or ganking. Though Yi might be able to come back from dying a lot early game, I don't really see that happening all that often. Unless your team is feeding Yi something fierce or not even bothering to prevent his jungling, a bunch of deaths early on should make him so squishy in comparison to your champions that he might as well be a minion.

ta11geese3

01-11-2010

Yeah, you lose out on farm, but farming isn't even that effective compared to getting kills/assists.

Toxie

01-11-2010

what about tanks then? They're supposed to protect team members and hit towers, but they cant take those risks if they take gold hits too.

1337LoL

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxie View Post
what about tanks then? They're supposed to protect team members and hit towers, but they cant take those risks if they take gold hits too.
Hmm I've seen some pretty sick tanks that always seem to come out of fights alive, and you want carries to get the kills anyways. Your team should always support tanks and try to CC/peel for him when hes low.

Farming is cool and all but a lot of times end game teams are just walking around in the woods trying to get a push and have a team fight....the farming time/xp lose isn't THAT big of a deal (obviously cause I can kill someone 15 times and hes still good).

Its fine if your score isn't AMAZING and you do damage, but don't 3 shot me with a -7 dawg?

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

They removed gold gain on death for a bit. Due to player outcry they put it back in. This game already has a big enough problem with snowballing and one sided games. Adding a death penalty would only make that worse. Though something does need to be done about physical carries.

1337LoL

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noth View Post
They removed gold gain on death for a bit. Due to player outcry they put it back in. This game already has a big enough problem with snowballing and one sided games. Adding a death penalty would only make that worse. Though something does need to be done about physical carries.
Yeah it seems like I'm powerless against them, i can kill them 15 times but they don't stay down. Soon they're so strong I can only cast 1 spell before I die.

MrLucid72

01-11-2010

You guys realize that they tried death penalty already right either barely before release or barely after.

They made it so you don't gain gold when dead -- it was absolutely awful -- there already is a penalty ... you are dead for a long time and have to run ALL the way back, assuming most good players don't have teleport. That's a lot of experience lost, gold lost, leaving teammates behind ... it's a massive penalty already.