Death penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337LoL

01-10-2010

Why is there no death penalty? You should lose gold for dieing along with having to wait on respawn timers.

It seems like even ****ty carries who can grab a few kills and assist are dangerous even if they have 15+ deaths.

Last night we killed twitch almost 20 times and by end game he could kill me before i could cast my exhaust(yeah 3 shotted with 3k health)? Carries are fine but at least let us try to counter them early game.

(not complaining about twitch, same applies for teemo yi or any carry)

Even someone who's 0-5 early game can come back since they didn't lose their gold, as long as they can pick up a bunch of assist and some kills in team fights.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

Hmm i'd be interested in this feature being implemented. Would make some players l2p or gtfo. I also agree on the carry thing, Yi, Twitch even if a good player has a bad game ... if you cant finish it fast enough... your going to lose some times.

1337LoL

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma White View Post
Hmm i'd be interested in this feature being implemented. Would make some players l2p or gtfo. I also agree on the carry thing, Yi, Twitch even if a good player has a bad game ... if you cant finish it fast enough... your going to lose some times.
Yeah I'm all for carries, I've seen some dam good carries that DESERVE that damage, but if u die 5 times in the beginning and u still do that damage? They don't deserve it.

CherokeeC

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LoL View Post
Why is there no death penalty? You should lose gold for dieing along with having to wait on respawn timers.

It seems like even ****ty carries who can grab a few kills and assist are dangerous even if they have 15+ deaths.

Last night we killed twitch almost 20 times and by end game he could kill me before i could cast my exhaust(yeah 3 shotted with 3k health)? Carries are fine but at least let us try to counter them early game.

(not complaining about twitch, same applies for teemo yi or any carry)

Even someone who's 0-5 early game can come back since they didn't lose their gold, as long as they can pick up a bunch of assist and some kills in team fights.

General Board would be flooded with "REMOVE THE DEATH PENALTIES OR ELSE I'M LEAVING QQ" threads.

Basilisk9466

01-11-2010

You do lose gold. You can't farm.

Dieing a lot early game means that you lose out on gold, you lose out on XP, and you give some of both to the other team. Late game, you're out of it over a minute, which is a long time for them to go around causing trouble.

You're also nerfing tanks, which kind of helps carries. They tend to die because they have a rather dangerous job, and some of them kind of suck at farming - certainly most carries can outclass tanks for farming. (Nasus and Malphite don't really count, they're hybrids.)

Kadzin

01-11-2010

While your dead you aren't getting the gold from killing mobs or the exp.
How is that not a penalty?
If you introduce a **** EXTRA gold penalty it would mean that if you DO
kill those carries a few times, they would have no chance at coming back.
It would be like Dota all over again.

GNOY

01-11-2010

No. Game is enough snowbally already. I would say that losing lvl 1 teamfight decides most part of games already. Why you need further snowballing? You obviously haven't thought before posting new thread.

1337LoL

01-11-2010

Ok well if u go 0-5 early game you should be screwed. Thts your fault..and Yeah you lose out on farming for a bit but most of the time you have to go back and heal anyway if you lived? And yeah carries can farm once they do damage? when twitch is in a game its basically on a timer....Hiya if you don't win in time, regardless of my score I WILL 2 shot you.

renticletape

01-11-2010

A big mistake you might make is "LOLZ LOOK AT NOOB YI WHO IS 0 - 5" and then just ignore him for the rest of the match. He will stack back dooring towers and farming nuetral camps if left alone. Warding up neutral camps and dragon can signicantly shut down his alternative means of getting farmed. Also, if you shut him down that early, your carry should have the delight and ease of seeking him out and solo ganking him all mid-game so that your carry is much more farmed.

Sylvio

01-11-2010

the death penalty would just reinforce the total gankfest of a game this already is and im not down for that