Mode doesn't matter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exmileena

01-16-2011

I find myself often having to tank because your average league player has trouble planting a ward, much less tanking properly. This fact is not exclusive to low ELO, that's the saddest part. I like to tank, don't get me wrong, some of my favorite characters fill that role well. But when I find myself having to hold a hand and set up fights as if I were the tank on Annie, there's a problem.

Funny thing is, when you give people advice you're considered a jerk and berated accordingly because they got a good score once on that character, nevermind that it was a practice game, they own, goddammit. Now then, when you meet bull-headed people like this and find them running revive and clarity on Alistar who they're building for AD and claiming to be a tank at the same time, there's nothing to say to them, just wait to lose, which will probably take up the better part of an hour because these people always think there's a chance of victory even if your team is down by 30 kills and outleveled by 5 or more levels.

Therefore I strongly believe that there should be no leave penalty, I don't have a lot of leaves, and quite a few of them came from blue screens when I was using that trainwreck called windows 7. Either that or start punishing players for continually scoring terribly and buying items that don't help their character in any way. I know that learning is still considered uncool by the body politic but let's give this concept a go, shall we? Learn the game or leave the game.

FapMasterMark

01-16-2011

I agree with you here. I have had to tank constantly for 3 months straight, with everybody locking in as squishies in the beginning 5 seconds. If I choose to not tank, I GET PUT DOWN AND SOMETIMES REPORTED. I feel that there should be an innovation that makes it so everyone must tank at least one game every ten. But I disagree with the no penalty for leaving. If it was a disconnection, I can see that, but some people will go into a match and leave just to make you lose, lowering your ELO. If Riot actually got on the ball with their LeaverBuster (which I'm skeptical about), I may consider playing this game more often, but as it stands, I'd rather go spend my money on my Xbox and not here

Evi

01-16-2011

Tanking is pretty item dependent, meaning if your team hangs you out to dry early your build will be weak. The part that I love is when everyone else locks in a squishy and then complains about your tanking when you die saving their squishy butts.

And I mean that genuinely. I might feel slightly bad if my team was full of great, well mannered people and we lost, but throwing at loss at someone with that kind of bad attitude fills me with absolutely no guilt at all :P

Gondo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmileena View Post
I don't have a lot of leaves, and quite a few of them came from blue screens when I was using that trainwreck called windows 7.

This thread is now about WIndows 7

Your blue screen is probably caused by hardware or drivers failure (be it a temporary failure), in no way shape of form is that Windows fault. You are in charge of having the correct drivers, up to date and working, not Windows. Please research before saying something so ignorant...

Dr Page

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FapMasterMark View Post
I feel that there should be an innovation that makes it so everyone must tank at least one game every ten.
That's stupid. I'm sorry but it is.

What you people are describing is draconian. You wish to tell people what to do and ultimately what to think. This should never happen. It is not even proper to force people to behave. How fair is it force people to do something they don't want to do (because you basically are crybabying about losing a game)? We can only offer positive reinforcement for good and negative for bad in that regard.

People can build however they wish. I often get flamed early for building an AD Ezreal (or using Ezreal period), but people shut up once I start carrying the team. If you really think that you MUST have a tank (or a jungler for that matter) to win, you clearly don't have the experience to make this sort of argument. I'd rather my teammates choose characters they know and are well-played in than try and fill the outdated "well-rounded" team roles.

And I'm sure the way in which you "offer advice" could probably use a little revising if people are seeing you as a jerk. Work on your delivery.

Exmileena

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope View Post
That's stupid. I'm sorry but it is.

What you people are describing is draconian. You wish to tell people what to do and ultimately what to think. This should never happen. It is not even proper to force people to behave. How fair is it force people to do something they don't want to do (because you basically are crybabying about losing a game)? We can only offer positive reinforcement for good and negative for bad in that regard.

People can build however they wish. I often get flamed early for building an AD Ezreal (or using Ezreal period), but people shut up once I start carrying the team. If you really think that you MUST have a tank (or a jungler for that matter) to win, you clearly don't have the experience to make this sort of argument. I'd rather my teammates choose characters they know and are well-played in than try and fill the outdated "well-rounded" team roles.

And I'm sure the way in which you "offer advice" could probably use a little revising if people are seeing you as a jerk. Work on your delivery.
Okay so hypothetical situation which isn't all that hypothetical considering I can name lots of situations where it's happened. But yeah, just saying, for example," Alistar, forget the sunfire cape, Build a thornmail instead." Because let's face it, that item is worthless on him, especially after it was nerfed into oblivion. That statement alone is inflammatory enough to provoke such responses as," **** you I know what I'm doing".

Also, for the record, typically I don't question people's builds until I see them not doing anything at all. When Alistar is dying in 5 seconds to Yi, something is wrong. This doesn't only hold to tanks though, but I won't get into that. The point is, even if you're extremely polite you have many people out there who think you questioning their build and advising them on something that will help them is you being a jerk. I wouldn't question AD Ezreal anyway, I think it's the better build for him. But yeah, I don't think it's necessarily the lesser of two evils to have someone getting away with feeding and ruining games because they think they're always right and that their deaths are someone else's fault.

Enlighten me, what do you say to Ashe pushing mid too far with 4 players missing?