Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If you're going to nerf Vlad, nerf Akali too.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zinthros

Recruiter

01-16-2011

From what I understand, Vlad is being nerfed not because he is OP (the developers believe he is balanced, even Morello said this), but because low Elo can't handle him and high Elo is angry that a fairly simple champion has not yet been made intentionally underpowered like Mordekaiser and Garen. Riot does make certain champions intentionally underpowered. Phreak announced once that they nerfed Shaco until the Riot staff considered him underpowered, and someone said the same thing about Heimer.

Obviously, Garen and Morde were nerfed despite being balanced or actually terrible champions because bad players can't deal with them. Vlad is very good at slaughtering poor players, better than Garen ever was. He approaches old Mordekaiser in his destructive power when placed below 1500 Elo. However, to hit Vlad but not the queen of slaughtering noobs is just stupid. If you're going to nerf him for destroying bad players, make Akali trash too.

Applum

01-16-2011

Every champion destroys bad players.

Swampf0x

01-16-2011

I'm sorry, but my Akali takes some merit of skill to play.

Zinthros

Recruiter

01-16-2011

Quote:
Chinaselance:
Every champion destroys bad players.

Some champs excel at it though, and Riot has nerfed them tons. See: Garen, Morde, Vlad.

Stiletto

01-16-2011

Don't you DARE friggin' touch my Akali

Rick182

01-16-2011

Dude, you know who excels at destroying bad players? Katarina.

Now if you tell me that Kat needs a nerf, for god's sake... \:

TheWaveWizard

01-16-2011

Quote:
Swampf0x:
I'm sorry, but my Akali takes some merit of skill to play.

I main them both. Akali is much easier to demolish a team with. Neither needs a nerf.

skunkfart

01-16-2011

Nerf Rammus, nerf Vlad, nerf Pantheon, nerf Eve.

The only remaining "hard pub stomper" is Akali.

TheYoungHomie

01-16-2011

akali is really hard to play... she just stomps super hard.

Holyhalibut

01-16-2011

Buy an oracle for akali early game problem solved build mr vs vlad problem solved EVERYONE ****ing focuses on more dps build, and end up squishy mid game, resulting in a team wipe stop *****ing about OP champs, just play smart and dont think that having more dmg makes u win its >>>>survivability<<<< in a group fight so evening both of them out will always win games stfu and play.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!