Thoughts on Avarice Blades

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

i always take 1-2 on Yi & Trynd. Yi because his ult & last whisper give me enough attack speed until I get a phantom dancer & wuju style is like +2 BFs -wuju also stacks with wuju so you can do some pretty sick stuff if you hit hard enough and kill enough people-. In the case of Trynd I would say one is better off getting two zeal because he has no natural way to increase his AS.

Boots, Rice, Rice, Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge, Banshee's, Sell Rice, Phantom, Sell Rice, Bloodrazor

ImmaRobotLOL

01-10-2010

You guys know the best Twitch player right now builds multiple Avarice Blades on him right? Allso, Avarice Blades are fantastic on trynd and quite acceptable on pirate still.

Mofeta

01-11-2010

Pirate is one of my mains and i find avarice blades to be very situational on him. If I'm not laning well or being sent back a lot, I will usually build a philo stone and/or 1 avarice blade if I can't afford anything else. However, if I have enough money to buy a cloak of agility when i blue pill, i will buy that instead.
In the early game its better to grab one than to go back to lane empty handed, expecially considering that eventually it pays for itself.

shiÑe

01-11-2010

well, avarice blades are completely viable on gangplank. My build core for gangplank is:
philosophers stone>boots>avaricebladex2>boots of mobility. This gives gangplank high crit chance with regen for lane survivability and amazing versatility with the boots. Not to mention im making insane $ per second. This will make your early/mid game insane, and since your getting so much money, between your $/s and your gank ability you will probably have a successful late game aswell, provided you are a good gangplank character.

I main gangplank, so im not too sure if avarice blades are viable on other champs, but im sure they are.

ilovenuggets

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaRobotLOL View Post
You guys know the best Twitch player right now builds multiple Avarice Blades on him right? Allso, Avarice Blades are fantastic on trynd and quite acceptable on pirate still.
Second that..I just played a game with twitch and i got 26 10 17, with 2 avarice blade in my inventory. It definitely helps me get more money faster, and thus leading to a late game advantage. There was a opp twitch who didnt go the 2 avarice blade build, and went for malady and last whisper, ended up getting thrashed, even though his mid game score was on par with mine, because he lacked the infinity edge which i rushed. And before u go calling noob opponents, i am only at 23, while 4 of them were 30, including twitch

Purutzil

01-11-2010

Its simply that they are such a cheap item to get which is good for all heroes that depend on melee damage. Unlike the Philosopher stone, The blades are much better to stack since they not only give 12% crit rate, but they are so cheap compared to other crit items while giving gold per 10 minutes to add in with it. By the time you will replace the crit blades, it will be so far in the game that the price is made up for them easily, unless your fed, in which case the cost doesn't even matter since chances are much of it was maid up and being fed its likely your going to win anyways.

Still as mentioned by serveral, stacking more then 2 is over-kill. Executioners call is to useful of an item to pass off for a 3rd on characters specially in cases where the enemy has heal or a support character on their team.

blurrycloud

01-11-2010

avarice blades are good to fill up your inventory...
while giving you crit chance, which some heroes need, like gangplank...
i usually buy 2 avarice by level 6 or so, and only sell them late late in the game...

try planning out your build... and if you always have 1 or 2 free slots available for the first 30 minutes of the game, its worth buying avarice... or any other gold items

i don't buy philo for my pirate...
as i usually sell the meki pendant by level 14, cos mana is not an issue anymore

my build
boots
infinity edge
executioners calling
phage
avarice
avarice

by the time you build this up, it would be very late in the game already,
and your avarice has already done its job

Comma

01-11-2010

5g/10 seconds.
750g, sells for 375. 12.5 minutes to pay itself back, assuming you're selling it. The problem is players get sucked into the free gold trap. Sure those items are great if you can get them within the first couple of minutes and the crit chance -is- nice. But I just don't see it as a "MUST HAVE" item on Physical DPS heroes every time. If you can get 5 by 10 minutes, (3750g) You probably could have had a much better item...

Arlando

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

i play gp, i normally solo mid. im happy when i see other pirates getting ab's. most of the time they end the game with one or two of them still. i guess as someone said in this thread, they got sucked into the gold per sec.

and for samuru who said he does the build "philosophers stone>boots>avaricebladex2>boots of mobility." and it can give you an awesome early-mid game. i hate to tell you, but early game is gone after you can afford that.

AIM7Sparrow

01-13-2010

Gangplank definitely needs avarice blades. I used to get only 2 but started going 3 recently. Keep in mind, it's not the gold, it's the crit chance. So why not buy +18% capes? Because you aren't going to upgrade all those capes into IE/phantom dancer are you? And what's the point of selling them back to get a different crit/attack item? Just losing money and losing crit %. Avarice blades are not only super cheap but start making you good money around the 25 minute mark. Keep in mind it only takes 12.5 minutes to start profitting from them because you should be selling them near end game, making back 375 on each.