Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thoughts on Avarice Blades

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RamboBatman

01-10-2010

There's obviously a line to be drawn when it comes to avarice blades. I don't start worrying when the Gankplank on my team builds 2 of them and some boots during the early game. However, sometimes I'll be playing in a side lane, doing fine and then I turn around and BAM! Solo-mid Tristana built 5 avarice blades! I just wonder when its appropriate to ask a player wtf they are thinking? Should I ask after 1 blade whether they're planning on buying more? Will people think I'm a **** if I suggest that perhaps an item besides avarice blade might help the team more? Some players are cool with suggestions from their teamates when it comes to playstyle but, I've found many people get really upset when people question their item builds.

Synxxx

01-10-2010

I don't use them on gang/yi, but I always rush 2x on Tryn.

gunsharp

01-10-2010

It makes sense on Tryndamere since crits increase his stacks, which then helps with longer laning.

TheTrueHavoc

01-10-2010

Quote:
inept:
you probably lose with these people because you have an aggressive playstyle. learn to adapt. if you see 2+ people farming gold items on your team, obviously you have to defend.

also, Crit damage runes anyone? Gangplank doesnt need anything except avarice blades early to dish out 500+ damage every single parley.

Best post on this thread

Lumaca

01-10-2010

I've seen some players with boot+5ABs.

So they crit all the time, but either the crits do ****ty damage, or they have enough damage but can't hit fast enough to make a difference.

I usually go for Zeal+Calling on Trynd.

Beegly Boogs

01-10-2010

AVARICE BLADES MAKE No SENSE ON GANGPLANK.

PARLAY ONLY CRITS FOR 400 AT LEVEL 9!!!

01-10-2010

Quote:
Bagga:
AVARICE BLADES MAKE No SENSE ON GANGPLANK.

PARLAY ONLY CRITS FOR 400 AT LEVEL 9!!!

Only?

Klazzix

01-10-2010

Cloak > AB yeahhh

Ennbeard

01-10-2010

Quote:
Klazzix:
Cloak > AB yeahhh

This.

Sure it's more expensive and doesn't give gold over time. But you can build it into stuff. If you're getting crit rate, there's a good chance you're gonna get IE, or maybe Phantom dancer, or both.

NukedWhale

01-10-2010

Quote:
inept:
you probably lose with these people because you have an aggressive playstyle. learn to adapt. if you see 2+ people farming gold items on your team, obviously you have to defend.

also, Crit damage runes anyone? Gangplank doesnt need anything except avarice blades early to dish out 500+ damage every single parley.

I'm not sure I understand this. Are you saying that multiple blades of avarice are an early, mid, or late game item?

If they're an early game item, why would I need to defend instead of pushing with those heroes? They're awfully weak for a mid game item when compared to zeal. Obviously they're not a late game item.

Buying multiple avarice blades to me says that the player has invested in a late game strategy. Except there's a strong possibility given that they've sacrificed things like survivability, support, or killing ability that they'll never make it to late game.