Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax, how do I?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeGlug

01-10-2010

Hi guys

I bought Jax yesterday and I've been playing a few games with him now but I have a question. Jax doesn't get full dps until he's been hitting 8 times in a row but what is the best way to get these 8 hits in a team fight without dying? Just hitting the champs and hope for the best or hitting the minions or? And what about in the lane phase? What is the easiest way in the lane when you keep getting harrased?

Mpalm

01-10-2010

Well, I haven't played Jax in ages but during lane phase you want to just last hit creeps. Occasionally if the opportunity arises you can leap strike > exhaust for the kill on a squishy. Otherwise, after about level 6 you can jungle runes and solo dragon very easily with the right items.

Normally I go doran's shield > Ninja Tabi > Stark's. Ninja tabi because it stacks with his dodge from spells and stark's because he needs the attack speed to reach full potential on his relentess assault (plus the lifesteal helps keep you alive). After that I find that frozen mallet is a great item for survivability and chasing down champions. Jax does not need a lot of +damage items because of his ultimate to remain effective. You can finish up with a phantom dancer after that for increased dodge, crit, attack speed and move speed.

As for how to attack during team fights, his ultimate only works on a single target. You cannot hit minions and then switch to another target to get the bonuses from relentless assault. Jax has pretty good survivability though if you put points into his dodge spell and spam stun during fights. I suggest waiting for your team to initiate and then leaping into battle on top of their teams physical carry or caster.

As for runes, Armor Penetration Marks, Dodge Seals, Magic Resist Glyphs and Flat Health Quints work just fine.

MeGlug

01-10-2010

Is the ultimate only working on one target? Isn't it just about hitting 2 or more times in a row?

Mpalm

01-10-2010

Quote:
MeGlug:
Is the ultimate only working on one target? Isn't it just about hitting 2 or more times in a row?

Relentless Assault (http://leaguecraft.com/spell/Relentless%20Assault) (4.5 seconds)
Jax's basic attacks increase his attack speed by 6 / 10 / 14% for a short duration, and hitting the same unit 2 consecutive times enhances Jax's next attack for 140 / 170 / 210 (+0 ability power) bonus magic damage.
Attack speed stacks up to 8 times.

From what I remember, and the way the spell is described, you lose bonuses when you change targets.

Basilisk9466

01-10-2010

Your bonus remains, so long as you attack your next target almost instantly.

Mpalm

01-10-2010

Quote:
Basilisk9466:
Your bonus remains, so long as you attack your next target almost instantly.

Well I stand corrected, was that a recent change? I could have sworn when I played him last he would lose his bonus after he changed targets. Even when creeping jungle going to the minion over I thought I lost the bonus attack speed.

Either way, my strategy still stands. I don't suggest you sit back and attack creeps while your team is fighting theirs =P

Basilisk9466

01-10-2010

I'm pretty sure this has always been how he's operated, though I haven't played a great deal of Jax. I'm just fairly certain I recall his rapid attack speed continuing as I chained through minions, but if I wasn't attacking for more than half a second or so, I lost it. I think I could actually maintain my bonus with a leapstrike at someone in the middle, but don't hold me to that.

MuscleMemory

01-10-2010

So just did a search on Jax and most of the info on him lately is about how he gets destroyed by Sword of the Divine or Different discussions that have physical build suggestions...

What this post is about is AP Jax:

#1 Is it viablde in mid Elo range? I have a feeling most pros will say it wont work in their high end Elo , but I'm not high Elo and most reader's aren't high Elo either.

#2 Are there any successful AP Jax users that you have seen? What items did they get? I used to mix AP on Jax before with a Mejai's Soulstealer before they changed it to the snowball effect, I've tried it out with the new Mejai's, but I didn't like it.

#3 When using a Sheen/Lichbane/Trinity and you use Leap Strike, does the extra damage factor in to the Leap Strike's hit (Like Gangplank's parlay?) or is it the next attack after the leap?

#4 Summoner Abilities? Flash seems like a must, mix with ignite for extra AP maybe?

#5 Masteries? 9 into defense for evasion mastery, then where do the other 21 go?

#6 Anything I might have missed?

01-10-2010

AP Jax? I Have never seen such a thing. Care to explain?

MuscleMemory

01-10-2010

Well, I used to go Doran's ring strait to Mejai's it was about 2k (easily farmed) after that buy an elixer (which most good jaxs do anyway) and go hunting, fill up you're mejais and go back to town for something like catalyst to build into RoA for more dmg or Banshei's

Most of the time i remember getting banshee's cuz you could still melt faces with his fast cooldowns and plenty of stacks on mejais... but haven't been able to do that since the reintroduction of mejais which brings me to my next point:

if riot is going to nerf mejais into a snowball item why not something like bloodthirster which is essentially a snowball item used on creeps? but thats a discussion for a seperate thread i suppose