Build for Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floffawaffagus

01-15-2011

hahaha his r just turns him into a virtual mail-man chasing dog, mail men being carries, they don't want none of nasus so they just run from team fights, but yea cc reduction or something would be nice, i always roll with cleanse and ghost tho just for that matter

Loron20

01-15-2011

Thanks everyone the input is very helpful

HotsauceShoTYME

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANT DOG View Post
i'd say:

-wither's attack speed slow portion needs to not get eaten by mercury treads
-r needs to give either a movement speed buff, cc reduction/immunity, or possibly both

r should theoretically be terrifying but it is so trivially easy to outrange him on any sort of hero that can kite that i mostly find myself blowing it just to survive teamfights
You are doing it wrong. You don't blow your ult until you have engaged in the fight. Your issue is you don't have someone to initiate. Nasus sucks at initiation and smart opponents run from him

uncle anime

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsauceShoTYME View Post
You are doing it wrong. You don't blow your ult until you have engaged in the fight. Your issue is you don't have someone to initiate. Nasus sucks at initiation and smart opponents run from him
it is still super duper easy to run away from nasus in a teamfight unless you have a heavy cc team that can keep them sitting there (amumu, morgana, lux, etc).

HotsauceShoTYME

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loron20 View Post
I just got Nasus and was wondering if anyone would recomend a good build for him.
Armor pen quints and marks
dodge seals
mana regen/level glyphs
9/21/0 (you want archaic knowledge, Strength of spirit, nimbleness)
ghost, cleanse

Start with ruby xtal. Between your lifesteal and SoS you should not need to get dorans.

Get one point in q then w then max E then w getting ults when you can. Don't spam e early
it will **** up your q farm and actually you should only use wither and fire to go for a kill.

Build aegis of legion, triforce, sunfire cape, banshee

And nasus is not the greatest early but he can punish severely if your opponent messes up early with whither and well placed lvl 2/3 spirit fire. The armor debuff is lethal early game and no one has merc treads.

One other thing. Don't underestimate AP + tank items on him against hp stacking teams.

HotsauceShoTYME

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANT DOG View Post
it is still super duper easy to run away from nasus in a teamfight unless you have a heavy cc team that can keep them sitting there (amumu, morgana, lux, etc).
If they have escape/flash yes they will get away. Hopefully its a carry and now its a 5v4. Like I said use it after fight has initiated. At that point the enemy should have lost if the carry is on the run.

viscrom

01-16-2011

I usually run him with:

Trinity
Aegis (if no one else is making it)
Ghostblade
Treads or the Mobility boots (Nasus is really good at pushing lanes)

From here I'll get whatever is necessary. Omen, Veil, or another DPS item usually.

9/0/21
Armor Pen, MP/5, MR/Level, HP Quints

TTS Zubat

01-16-2011

stay with sheen until the end of the game and u run out of items to build

trinity force is a very very very minor upgrade compared to its cost, you can do a lot more with that 3000g than a mere 56.4 damage increase on your q with a few minor stats that wont add up (better off buying a banshees, thornmail, or a ga

sheen
mercs
aegis

thats really his core build

another thought on nasus is rylais, he doesnt need the ap, but it will put a slow on his ulti which, paired with ghost and your w makes it impossible to run away without a cleanse mechanic

Otah

01-16-2011

Hmm methinks you are all living in the past.

Doran's Shield + Merc + Aegis + Sheen = Hitting like a wet noodle

I know everyone would like to believe that Hyffe's setup is immortal but even he has posted here that there is little to no benefit from having Nasus as all of his strengths are now done better by other champs. With the core build you will still die quickly to carries/anyone who's fed and do very little damage unless you come to do clean up duty.. and hope for no CC at that.

My suggestion to the OP is to try to become efficient with Nasus' playstyle using the above core build. Try to stay alive. After a while i would attempt both an AP/offtank build and a Crit/offtank build depending on enemy comp/items. Also being lvl 30 with full runepage helps tons.

RagnatheBloodedg

01-16-2011

Nasus really shines only when people commit. But Hyffe is right that Nasus' power is done by other champs, generally better. While he can make or break fights, other champs are just better at it. Sure he can 1v2, even mid, but other champs do it better and more effectively. If you are gonna play Nasus though, get awesome at last hitting on and off your tower. Always rank up q, get ult whenever, and finish W before E unless team fights are happening. A well placed Spirit Fire will destroy carries and tanks alike. Great, now I wanna play Nasus again, I just got good as xin zhao though. Q.Q