Build for Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loron20

01-15-2011

I just got Nasus and was wondering if anyone would recomend a good build for him.

Floffawaffagus

01-15-2011

I personally have found decent success with:

Berserk Boots
Trin force
Warmog's
Atma
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper

In that order, if I get a solo i just start with a meki and 2 hp pots and don't get a chalice, although if I am in a lane with someone ill get chalice.

i like this build as you are tanky (around 4.2k hp in lvl 3 ult) and deal a massive amount of damage, it's very farm intensive as any nasus build is, gotta get the Q farmed. Generally I'll only pick nasus if there is already a main tank and you have a ranged dps and some sort of ap carry as well. Nasus is a great team fighter and the trade off is if they focus u, ur carries are hammering them, if they focus ur carries, u hammer their carries. Always wither ad carries adn go after them, don't mess around with tanks.

There ya go, my take on Nassussinator

Redenbacher

01-15-2011

Doran's Shield + HP pot
Aegis of the Legion
Sheen
Merc Treads

Then build to counter the enemy team, whether that be with damage, or defense.

Banshee's Veil
Randuin's Omen
Trinity Force
Bloodthirster

All good items to go after you've completed your core.

uncle anime

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Doran's Shield + HP pot
Aegis of the Legion
Sheen
Merc Treads

Then build to counter the enemy team, whether that be with damage, or defense.

Standard build, and it works wonders.
that's the #1 best dog build right there, well done

get a 1v1 solo lane if at all possible, top is preferable. skill priority is generally r-> q -> e -> w (but get at least one point of w by level 4). get every single last hit you possibly can with q unless you're REALLY getting pushed up, in which case switch priority to e and grab golem at 6 with your ult to regain control of your lane. aim for siphoning strike to be at around 100 by 10 minutes and 200~ by 20 minutes.

it's generally better to build nasus defensively rather than offensively because he's slow and his ult requires you to sit next to people to get the most out of it. you deal more than enough damage with just sheen + a farmed siphoning strike, so more damage is somewhat superfluous on him

do not play as an initiator because nasus is horrible at this. only go in after your team's initiator has already done so, especially if they're forced into a tight position and you can reap a huge amount of damage from your ult.

uncle anime

01-15-2011

woof

SynergyDreamer

01-15-2011

In addition to Reden's suggested items:
Stark's to help out your carries.

Floffawaffagus

01-15-2011

Nasus is SO strong late game, but very weak early game as the trade off so you really have to focus on last hitting with q and farming with e

I use armor pen quints and marks and mana regen seals and glyphs

uncle anime

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floffawaffagus View Post
Nasus is SO strong late game, but very weak early game as the trade off so you really have to focus on last hitting with q and farming with e

I use armor pen quints and marks and mana regen seals and glyphs
this is seriously the most important thing you have to understand about nasus. he is complete and total garbage early game and is one of the most farm dependent heroes out there. with sheen + lots of survivability he can quickly swing teamfights around, but his big disadvantage is that there's a lot of much better carries out there that can fulfill a similar role. he's fairly mediocre but i still enjoy playing him

if you get a non-solo farm you're generally just going to die a lot unless you get a seriously lopsided lane and can farm up siphon strike with ease

Floffawaffagus

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANT DOG View Post
this is seriously the most important thing you have to understand about nasus. he is complete and total garbage early game and is one of the most farm dependent heroes out there. with sheen + lots of survivability he can quickly swing teamfights around, but his big disadvantage is that there's a lot of much better carries out there that can fulfill a similar role. he's fairly mediocre but i still enjoy playing him

if you get a non-solo farm you're generally just going to die a lot unless you get a seriously lopsided lane and can farm up siphon strike with ease
well this is sort of true, he has a very unique slow and his q is the most unique spell in the game imo, i build him more of a tanky dps because combined with good teamwork and good carries, he is such a beast and an amazing asset on the team, he needs buffed somewhere i just can't put my finger on it cuz he's balanced everywhere and nothing is really OP every strong champ has something "overpowered" on them

uncle anime

01-15-2011

i'd say:

-wither's attack speed slow portion needs to not get eaten by mercury treads
-r needs to give either a movement speed buff, cc reduction/immunity, or possibly both

r should theoretically be terrifying but it is so trivially easy to outrange him on any sort of hero that can kite that i mostly find myself blowing it just to survive teamfights