Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips for Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muramasa

08-12-2009

I've really taken a liking to Master Yi, but being that he is a huge glass cannon with his lack of health I find myself getting killed almost all the time. Any suggestions on items or playing strategy would be greatly appreciated.

Vindico Atrum

08-12-2009

Erm.. Shop > Defence > Health > Take your pick? Why you need us to tell you? I don't get it. Why not go TEST what works on him...

Floatzel

08-12-2009

break him the same way you break any physical DPS.
Warmogs armor + Atmas Impalers

Satsujinken

08-12-2009

Quote:
Obsession:
Erm.. Shop > Defence > Health > Take your pick? Why you need us to tell you? I don't get it. Why not go TEST what works on him...

I am the one whos not getting it now... Then why go to school and colege? Just test out all that work for ur life uh? Calm down, he/she is just trying to get some tips to start playing and, eventually, will try new stuff to figure out whats fun to do by him/herself... Now answering the topic, Im also starting my life on this kind of game cuz I couldnt stand the types of the dota community so I cant give u much advices. What I can tell is, start by the tips on the char profile to get used to the champion and after ur used to it try to develop new playing styles that suits u. And would be great to get some tips from the old players too, theres some people that actually will help u instead of going all out saying "go figure it out by urself! ò_Ó_I_". Lets all hope it will be soon ^^

Koslomac

08-12-2009

I had a nice round with frost mallet, phantom dancer and the bloodthirster with berzekers boots. Also I bought the 475g regen item to stay in a lane longer.
Little tip, don't try to gank heroes equal to your level without the lizard buff.

Yipperpants

08-12-2009

Quote:
Muramasa:
I've really taken a liking to Master Yi, but being that he is a huge glass cannon with his lack of health I find myself getting killed almost all the time. Any suggestions on items or playing strategy would be greatly appreciated.

I've only had the pleasure of playing hm once, but I didn't fare too badly. If he is a glass cannon then play him like one, like a melee Ashe. Try to hurt hard and finish champions quickly. Use your ultimate to your advantage in chases but never chase recklessly (past towers, past other enemy champions, etc).

Expect to be targeted constantly. If you're part of a team battle, don't rush in with Alpha Strike. Remember that you do huge damage so the longer you stay alive the more damage you can accomplish. Master Yi excels at chasing down champions but you must stay back and survive until enemy champions start fleeing.

Rule of thumb for a glass cannon, play defensively. You can heal from harassment, but you cannot heal from a death.

Items? Frozen Mallet could be a great choice; bonus health never hurts and the slow can heal you weaken the target enough to guarantee your ultimate triggers. Bloodthirster is always awesome for jungling and your DPS could definitely support the lifesteal. Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel are good choices to keep alive from those accidental deaths.

Spells? Boost is amazing in all circumstances, especially to save your fragile health pool after you get blasted with a stun. After that, I suppose it's preference with one last note. Personally, I find Heal and Smite somewhat redundant on Master Yi if you play him decently; he already has a heal and a great farming skill after all, but that may be a different story if you plan on jungling often.

Muramasa

08-12-2009

Thanks a lot Yipper that's the type of stuff I was looking for, I'll definitely try that stuff out and mess around with those items to see which ones work best for me.

CantStopThis

08-16-2009

I prefer flash over boost for Yi. Your ulti has a low cd and can be used for escape. I think it acts like boost, by removing movement impairments. I find him really easy to play, just play safe and farm alot in the beginning. Level up the first skill as much as possible and just keep using it on creeps. Also get a that mana/health regen talisman which gives you +5 gold every 10 seconds. It will help your farming by a lot

xxtkxx19

02-11-2011

Okay, what I found best is rush Frozen Mallet. Then at about level 7, go jungle to farm gold. After, go for attack speed or health and a lot of it. Even though he is a glass cannon, using meditate when hurt or buying either health or armor items will help a lot. Your ultimate is nice although you have to watch for being ganked as Yi usually is. I suggest getting Alpha Strike at first to farm, then meditate. That build has done me well.

ByakuyaYO

02-11-2011

If the enemy team are harassing you in the lane, pick up some meditate levels, i've seen a master yi tank 3 people who tower dived him with meditate up, he got kills on all 3^^

League of Legends blog for those who are interested: http://riotoflegends.blogspot.com