Most overpowered character at the moment ?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hydrogencar

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
This is the biggest problem I have with Vlad.

Spammable nuke that costs nothing and heals him.

Can push, uninhibited, and if he gets ganked - pool.

Gains survivability by building offensively.

Tremendous AoE damage.

Do I know how to handle him? Absolutely. Is it much harder than most other champions? Absolutely. Do I have to rely on my teammates not to feed him so he doesn't dominate the entire game? Absolutely.

He just needs some tweaking, not a nerf.
/Singed.

Kakashik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2011

Sona. Her songs make ears bleed.

Pieson

01-16-2011

Rammus and Eve are banned 99% of the time, they are currently the most OP/annoying champs in the game.

01-16-2011

SINGED!!!! DONT MESS WITH MY STICKY LIQUIDS BRO
vlad is really versatile i guess. Like if ur not carried then hes still got like 3.5k, if hes carried ur done for

Aroyok

01-16-2011

I think many people who have previously posted are confusing very effective characters with overpowered characters.

Tryndamere is a hard carry who's ult puts him in his prime zone.(which is 99% hp missing and unable to go lower than 1hp) He's supposed mind game you into engaging him when it looks like you've got him or barrel into the back end of the enemy team in the fight and explode the squishies.

Vladimir is a non-squishy AP fighter. Is he really more OP than an AD carry who can burn down targets with a 2/per second attack speed? Vlad's cooldown on Transfusion and whatever his E is 2 seconds...against a wiser guy who has some magic resist, that's probably only 400-500 damage, then he has to wait 2 seconds to drop his next bomb.
"But that's a lot of damage and I can't 1v1 him like that QQQQQQQQQQQ"
Well, some champions can't be controlled 1v1(such as Junglewick and Kassadin), but who cares about 1v1 in this team game anyway?

BTW, Vlad and Tryn are both free farming when their pool/rage are on cooldown.

RAMMUS is an OP character. He tears through his jungle, he tears through your jungle, he rolls up all stylish with his frejlord skin and ganks like a boss, he pushes towers over better than almost anyone else and he's ultra hard to kill, even with 2+ people.

Heystack

01-16-2011

Pantheon has been doing a lot of damage lately as has vlad. Its tough to really determine if a certain champion is OP by one or a few games. You may play a twisted fate who gets a few early kills and farms well and hear "THAT ULT IS DUMB, HES SO OP," but its just the condition of that particular game. What makes vlad OP is his mechanic of having great AOE, multiple ways of survival, and high damage output, when typically a champ may not have as many ways to beat you.

Redenbacher

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post
/Singed.
Singed is missing the Tremendous AoE damage, pool, and spammable nuke parts.

He's tough to gank, but not impossible. You CAN stun/slow him. You can't do that to a Vlad who pools and gets out of range.

FuzzyStarburst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-16-2011

Vlad is balanced by being a complete sitting duck when his skills are on cooldown. Compared to most tanks, he goes down realtively fast without his skills. That's why an intelligent Vlad is great to have, because they properly use their skills to avoid exposing that weakness.

I call Rammus. I don't consider Rammus to be actually OP, or any other champion for that matter, but he is the closest to it, and I'd call him first for a nerf over anyone else. How would you nerf Rammus though? I really like the style of Rammus, and wouldn't want to see his skills changed.

IrishTiger420

01-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
sivir panth and rammus are the big ones to my knowledge
That seems to be the consensus right now.
I haven't encountered a Vlad in game yet(lucky me) so I can't comment on him.
I'll add Eve to the list though.

Kroghar

01-16-2011

There's a lot of QQ bout Vlad lately, but he only tears apart teams that can't group up and run at him one by one. Even a well played, well geared, well fed Vlad can't carry a team on his own.

I think the game is more balanced than most people give it credit. Few champs that I think are a bit too over the curve though, Pantheon and Sivir I see win more games on their own than anyone else, and easily too. Rammus is far and away the best jungler and ganker at the moment. Anivia feels like she's pushing it to me. Incredible lane ability in mid afforded by her egg, and crazy end game scaling burst and AoE damage and CC.

1234567 ... 8