How to rebalance Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morzas

01-08-2010

Got this idea on IRC. Snipped out the random chatter.

Quote:
[17:43]<Morzas>E-Calling really needs to be made like Malady, requiring multiple hits to get the full debuff. As it is, you can one-shot mundo and he has to wait like 12 seconds to ult
[17:44]<Morzas>Make it like, stack 5 times and each stack reduces healing by 10%
<Morzas>that'd be balanced
[17:44]<Morzas>or 6 stacks
[17:45]<Morzas>Like, what if Malady applied all of its stacks in one shot? It'd give your entire team a Pickaxe and half a longsword for free
[17:45]<Morzas>against whoever you tap
[17:45]<Morzas>that's what e-calling is like right now
Executioner's Calling, as it is now, is ridiculous on ranged heroes. One auto-attack can make a Mundo or Tryndamere completely countered. This change would still allow the item to counter healing, but it would take many more auto-attacks to do so.

Kingkalif

01-08-2010

I don't know if it's right to compare this game with DotA but I have a comparison to make. In DotA many effects are called 'Orb effect' and they can't stacks. I really don't want to put this in LoL, it's for the comparison. The Lifestealing is an Orb effect and this effect is reduce by half on ranged heroes.

My point is that maybe something like 'Executioner's Calling: UNIQUE: Put a debuff and a DoT that reduce incoming heal by 65% for 12 secs, half duration if apply by range attack' could be nice. It's not too hard to hit once/12sec to perma debuff any hero facing it on a lane.

EchoRex

01-08-2010

Ehh, doesn't really require a change, but my idea for it, if it does get looked at again, makes it a strong item, but requires constant and high speed attacking to maintain the debuff.

Bump the decrease to healing to 75%.
Drop the duration to 3s.
Have it work on only the next health regain the champion has.

Net buff if the person keeps focused on a target to stop that one champion from healing through damage, but will not last if the person stuns/snares/fears/blinds/exhausts/roots/dodges and kites away.

Only affects the very next heal, regen tick, or lifesteal attack before being consumed, and proc's like Guardian Angel wouldn't be affected at all due to short duration.

Unfawkable

01-09-2010

I'd actually vote for E calling to be removed all together, it's the only item in game I actuallyhate, really annoying :/

Solus

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkalif View Post
I don't know if it's right to compare this game with DotA but I have a comparison to make. In DotA many effects are called 'Orb effect' and they can't stacks. I really don't want to put this in LoL, it's for the comparison. The Lifestealing is an Orb effect and this effect is reduce by half on ranged heroes.

My point is that maybe something like 'Executioner's Calling: UNIQUE: Put a debuff and a DoT that reduce incoming heal by 65% for 12 secs, half duration if apply by range attack' could be nice. It's not too hard to hit once/12sec to perma debuff any hero facing it on a lane.
In dota the only discrepancy between ranged and melee as far as orbs/on-hit effects would be the cranium basher. It has a reduced chance to proc on ranged attacks. All other orb effects don't differ between melee/ranged, unless that's been changed in the last 6 months.

Zjadacz Mrowek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
In dota the only discrepancy between ranged and melee as far as orbs/on-hit effects would be the cranium basher. It has a reduced chance to proc on ranged attacks. All other orb effects don't differ between melee/ranged, unless that's been changed in the last 6 months.
Skadi.

EastJesus

01-11-2010

Quelling Blade as well.

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

right now an executioner's calling is about the only way to slow a good Alistar + Soraka rush during the laning phase without pulling your whole team to stop them. Even then it only slows them.

ReadInPeace

01-12-2010

Excuse me the newby question. Does Executioner's calling also reduce your HP per 5 regen?

I'd support making it apply its power through 5 or 6 stacks, and reducing its duration to 8 or 6 seconds (renewed with each applied stack and continous firing).

Cheers

IMSavior

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Ehh, doesn't really require a change, but my idea for it, if it does get looked at again, makes it a strong item, but requires constant and high speed attacking to maintain the debuff.

Bump the decrease to healing to 75%.
Drop the duration to 3s.
Have it work on only the next health regain the champion has.

Net buff if the person keeps focused on a target to stop that one champion from healing through damage, but will not last if the person stuns/snares/fears/blinds/exhausts/roots/dodges and kites away.

Only affects the very next heal, regen tick, or lifesteal attack before being consumed, and proc's like Guardian Angel wouldn't be affected at all due to short duration.
wont work because of natural regen