Disappointed in Tribunal, I have an alternate idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SOBRAVE STAR

01-15-2011

The problem with the Tribunal and reporting players is that it doesn't encourage positive behavior out of players. All it does is encourage people to not do bad things.

There is no way to reward a good player. And by good, I don't mean someone who won the game for you. I mean those good players who lose and are telling you that it was a good game and they had fun while their nexus explodes. It's the good players that when the game ends, you all sit in the lobby and discuss builds and what went wrong or what went right.

Those games are rare, but honestly there's no reason to be nice to people in this game. What happens if you just type "gg" and **** storm out of the lobby post game? Nothing. No one cares.

My solution is simple. At the end of every game, each player can give all the others players either a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Thumbs up if they were helpful, gave advice, bought wards, weren't ****s, etc. Thumbs down if they went AFK, raged, etc.

All votes would be stored (of course only one vote per person) and a rating would be assigned based on total number of votes and the net overall rating of the person.

Then, this rating would be made public. Not only would it be made public, but it would be incorporated into matchmaking so that it would not only match people based on skill level, but also on their player rating assigned to them by the community.

So, all the raging, angry ******bags are all playing together. All the leavers are all playing together. And all the good sports who follow the summoner's code are all playing together instead of all mixed up based on how many games you've lost or won.

To take this even further, the game could also gain a lot by having a comment section like Steam has in every user's profile.

Until Riot takes steps to promote good behavior as well as inhibit bad behavior, the standards will continually fall and things will just get worse.

Punchie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

So what about the guy who gets unlucky and is placed with terrible teams and picks tank or support trying to help and ends up losing because his whole team was bad and then gets down voted because they were all ****s. People see his score and judge him off that. This method is just too easy too abuse. The tribunal gives you Random peoples cases not the person you just played a game with which makes you an outside party with no feeling just facts to base this on. In a better world your idea would work great but I doubt it would be worth the effort it would cost in programming. They need to be programming that new map!

Fratfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

and what about if you pwn the other team? and they rage the entire game? your team stinks but you destroy them? the other team is biased against you and then you get a ton of thumbs down just because your awesome.. this doesnt work cause sore losers are out there..