New Champion [Idea] Ogenku

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Ogenku: Keeper of the Dead

Passive: Corpse Harvest - Whenever a minion (allied or enemy) or a neutral monster dies Ogenku receives a skelletal protector that fights for him. Maximum skelletal protectors available at any one time is 4.

Fist Ability: Entomb - Ogenku sets a trap requireing at least 3 skelletal protectors. The protectors a burried at marked location and when an enemy champion walks over the trap the protectors spring out of the ground latching onto the enemy champion. They reveal the enemy champion's location, slow movement speed by 10%, and deal small amounts of damage over time to the champion. They hold on indeffinitelly until the champion is slain or the champion kills the skelletons. Skelletons die in 3 hits per skelleton no matter what. The trap skelletons do not count toward maximum skelletal protectors available actively to Ogenku at a time. Trap has a 10 minute duration and a 40 second cooldown.

Second Ability: Bone Carapace - Okenku sacrifices a minimum of 3 skelletal protectors to gain a percentage of magic resist and armor dependent on his Ability Power and 5%/7%/10%/12%/15% movement speed bonus. 7 second duration and a 20 second cooldown.

Third Ability: Corpse Shrapnel - Ogenku targets an area for his skelletal protectors to run to (minimum requireing 1 protector) and explode dealing Aera of Effect damage based on his Ability Power and stunning any enemy champions that were facing the center of the blast radius. 8 Second cooldown.

Ultimate: Skelleton in the Closet -

Passive: Ogenku receives 1 ammo stack per assist and 2 ammo stacks per champion kill.

Active: Ogenku unleashes a large skelletal minion expending one ammo stack that does not count toward the maximum number of skelletal protectors that he may have active at a time. Ammo stacks do not have a cap. It has a 80 second cooldown.

The skelleton is a representation of the sins of an enemy champion. It chases down the closest in proximity enemy champion on the map. This champion does not need to be visible. If a different enemy champion gets closer the skelleton switches targets to the newest closest enemy in proximity.

The skelleton does not react to orders given by Ogenku. It has a will of its own. The skelleton's stats are equal to 70% of the stats of the current target it is chasing except its movement speed is equal to 125% of the current target's movement speed. It attacks the current target relentlessly until it is killed or it kills it's target.

If the skelleton kills it's target it drags the corpse of the enemy champion underground and by doing so it increases the champions resurection timer by an additional 5 seconds. If the skelleton dies during its attempt to kill the enemy champion it increases that enemy champion's stats by 5% of current, and Ogenku loses 15% of his maximum health. This skelleton is subject to be targeted by enemy turrets but only receives 25% of their total damage.

Ogenku is the keeper of the dead and the man responsible for making sure the souls of the dead pass on to the afterlife without trouble. He has been forced to take coporeal form due to the recent activity of Karthus. Ogenku finds Karthus to be an abomination in the living world and it does not help that Karthus' nercromacy has been trapping the souls of the dead to his will. This prevents Ogenku from performing his eternal charge. Ogenku has joined the league of legends in order to bring Karthus to justice and release the souls of the dead Karthus hoards to increase his power.

"Death is the only true indiscriminant form of justice that exists. I just ease the transition from this world to the next." - Ogenku

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

any thoughts?

Talz

01-20-2011

His ult should not require ammo stacks. I just think that seems like a really bad idea, because then it becomes dependent on fact that you will get kills. Also, it makes his ult early game useless unless he get's kills right after hitting level six. How about, as encouragement, each point he puts into his ult, he increased the number of minions he can have?

I do want to say that I love how his spell casting works though. That you expend minions to be spell fodder effectively. However, I feel that the maximum number of protectors should be higher, as a good mage should be able to easily cast all of their spells in one go. He cannot. This puts him at a large disadvantage. Especially if it happens in a team fight not in a lane. He would be useless after two casts. What self-respecting mage would want to only be able to cast 2 spells?

Also, there would have to be some kind of penalty on the first ability. That thing would be incredibly over powered. Thing how long it takes to make 9 attacks. It would be the longest CC in the game easily. I think the ability has good potential, but needs to be reworked, just have it be a snare that deals damage and lasts for x amount of time.

1Eredale

01-20-2011

The cooldowns are huge though

Demonicous

01-20-2011

i see your points... i didnt not want to make him too OP with his ultimate thats why i decided to give him ammo for that.... the slow for the trap is only a 10% slow as opposed to many other slows which are know to do anywhere between 15% to even 50%..... such as the Hextech Gunblade Unique activated ability....

the idea behind this trap is that it forces the enemy champ to find some form of safety..... i.e. a turret.... then they fight off the skelletons..... a 10% slow would only trully be effective at getting someone killed is if the enemy champ was trying to take a buff from the allied side monsters and only then do i see the slow allowing the kill to happen... a penalty for being somewhere where they should not have been even then i would beat the skelletons off really quick and hope to out run a team gank that would idealy result in a delayed reaction

i do enjoy the idea of sacrificing minions to use spells as well but i didnt exactly want to give him a horde of minions either.... 5 might be ok but 6 would be way too much already.... plus enough minions die due to collateral AoE damage in team fights.... i also did point out that if friendly minions die they feed the skelleton protectors as well..... in the average game each person can kill roughly 120 to 180 minions. in a 5vs5 thats roughly 1200 to 1800 minions..... exceptions noted as i once got 500 minions in one game as Teemo..... long game sigh...

also this doesnt take into consideration the amount of minions that die to turrets..... if you really think about it a total of 3000 minions die in a regular match with turret minion kills.... all the champ would have to do is be in the vicinity of such a slaughter of minions.... also that is why i gave him the AoE explosion... it would re-feed the champ with more skelletons if needed

the reason why i added the ammo to the ult is that a "bloodhound" like monster that searches and finds an enemy all on his own is kind of OP because for a smart team it would allow them to follow the pet to its target and help with the gank.... that is also why i added the reciprocal penalty should the Skeleton of the ultimate die..... it gives the enemy a fighting chance if they know what they are doing

i see your points i hope my rebuttle makes sense..... thank you for the feedback much appreciated.... and if we see the champ actually ever made i hope i get remembered for it =)

private

01-20-2011

The thing is you're creating a good champion, but the skills are better than others champion's skills, so its gonna be rellay hard to defeat this "new champ"
i think you should still working on the skill, make them more "normal"

Demonicous

01-21-2011

its not that OP because if you think about it his traps require a source of power only obtainable in lanes or through killing monsters in the jungle.... so his traps are not as easy to obtain as Teemo's mushrooms.... there would be fewer of them.... Teemo's mushrooms reveal any nearby movement while this trap only reveals an enemy champ if they spring it..... much like Caitlyn's Trap without the immobilze aspect

in my eyes he is normal if you compare him to other champions that have insane ultimates..... Zilean, Tryndamere, Karthus

also everything depends on how his ability power would scale..... a slight tweak in either direction would make him OP or UP...... he is designed as a CC champion yes..... but he does not have the firepower of a fed Veigar, Lux, or Scion