When it says a Champion has been slain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DistortionHaze

01-19-2011

Does that mean the champion actually died or is that just to make the other team go "WOOO HOOO, WE GOT SOMEBODEH!"

If they really died, is there a clone of them respawning to take the last's place? I can't seem to understand.

EmptyEternity

01-19-2011

The power of the summoning nexus makes full body resurrection possible. When champions fight on the Fields of Justice they are, for all intensive purposes, immortal.

tldr; It's magic, I an't gotta explain !@#$.

Methelod

01-19-2011

My theory is that the champions soul is contained within a container that's located off of the battlefield and linked to the nexus and that summoners create the vessel that contains partially the champion's consiousness but not enough to garner them complete control. Now when a champion dies their body will dissapear because there is no magic powering its creation and immediatly after the summoner gets to work creating another body, which is why as you level up/time goes on I don't know which it takes longer to create another body because either its much harder to recreate the experienced body that it is to create the low level body or if the game uses the time based system the summoner is getting more taxed as the battle goes on forcing them to slow down the creation of the body lest they lose control. Revive would work by another summoner creating a "backup" body which would allow a summoner to instantly use that one which is why the revive spell takes so long to cooldown, and Heal would work by instantly replacing damaged parts of the body with another backup body, which is possibly what happens in the base. Now the soul containment may be permanent or may be only used for, needs to be finished,

pomlife

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyEternity View Post
The power of the summoning nexus makes full body resurrection possible. When champions fight on the Fields of Justice they are, for all intensive purposes, immortal.

tldr; It's magic, I an't gotta explain !@#$.
This, except this particular poster used the phrase "for all intensive purposes", which is not only wrong, but moronic in nature.

SethCypher

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyEternity View Post
The power of the summoning nexus makes full body resurrection possible. When champions fight on the Fields of Justice they are, for all intents and purposes, immortal.
Fix'd.

K D Bonez

01-20-2011

Yes, they die, and like Kenny on South Park said about the concept "It f*cking hurts". However, while on a Field of Justice with a Nexus, they are brought back to life to continue fighting. If they were to die outside of the Field, they would die a true death.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortionHaze View Post
Does that mean the champion actually died or is that just to make the other team go "WOOO HOOO, WE GOT SOMEBODEH!"

If they really died, is there a clone of them respawning to take the last's place? I can't seem to understand.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575

search for the following key words on the post:

Death and Champions

There are 4 official red developer posts on it.

I hope that helps.

Methelod

01-20-2011

Bah, I still like my idea. Which may or may not conflict with the developers.

EmptyEternity

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Chromium View Post
This, except this particular poster used the phrase "for all intensive purposes", which is not only wrong, but moronic in nature.
Funny how its only after we click 'submit reply' do we see our mistakes, eh?

I'm glad I could provide and answer.

Krazlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Have you ever heard the saying that you shouldn't be toying with powers beyond your comprehension? Perhaps it is not our place to understand how it works, but that it does work. For instance, most people know how to drive a car, but relatively few know exactly how it works.

I personally don't like any of the explanations given, but being that I cannot come up with one that I find satisfactory myself and magic is magic, it does anything, I'd have to accept that it is the refined and calibrated magic of the institute that reanimates soul and body.