[Champion Suggestion] Aurium - The Gold Elemental

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

Senior Member

01-09-2010

Concept: There is no hero based upon gold, so I figured I'd make one.

Be sure to vote in the CSC 3 Round 1

Aurium - The Gold Elemental

Lore:
Created as an idol for worship, Aurium was lifeless, that is, until that fateful day. Many inventors and creators were fiddling around with devices that channeled arcane magic into inanimate objects, observing the effects. Upon using it on the golden idol an ancient magic stirred within Aurium. He awoke in an enraged fury and destroyed the entire town, only to find nothing but gold left, which he promptly applied to himself, upgrading his power. Aurium now searches for a way to accumulate as much gold as he can. He heard that the League of Legends hired Champions, so Aurium signed up.

You thought you were greedy, Aurium's made out of greed.

Role: Tank, Support, Farmer

Stats:
Hp 9/10
Attack 5/10
Magic 2/10
Difficulty 5/10

Hp 500 (+ 80 per level)
Mana 500 (+ 50 per level)
Armor 30 (+ 4 per level)
Hp regen 5.2 (+ 0.6 per level)
Mana regen 3.5 (+ 0.5 per level)
Magic Resist 35 (+ 0 per level)
Movement Speed 305
Range Melee
Damage 45 (+ 5 per level)

Voice: I'm thinking a robotic sounding voice like Blitzcrank, but much more ancient sounding

Selection:
"You only want me for the money"

Movement:
"Greed is good"
"Gold, gold, gold"

Attack:
"Your gold is mine"
"I will crush you!"

Taunt:
"Don't you wish you were this pretty"

Joke:
"hahahahahahahahahaha"

Dance;
Caramelldansen (just cuz)


Abilities:


Inherent Passive:
Gold Generator:
Being made of gold, Aurium sheds gold pieces as he travels, bestowing 5 gold per 20/15/10 seconds to all allied heroes within 800 AOE


Transmutation: (Q)
Attempts to transmute the targeted enemy into solid gold. Deals 500/600/700/800/900 damage to any minion, granting 10/15/20/25/30 extra gold upon killing the minion.
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Mana cost: 50 mana
Range: Melee


Gold Armor: (Toggle)(W)
Gold gained by Aurium increases his armor. Sacrifice 35/30/25/20/15 gold to permanently gain 1 armor.
Mana cost: 10 Mana
Cooldown: 1 second

Note: The toggle allows the ability to continue happening as long as you have gold and mana


Gold Aura: (E)
Gold is really heavy, Aurium projects an aura that alerts heroes to realize how heavy gold really is. slows enemies in a 1000AOE by (gold*(0.01/0.015/0.02/0.025/0.03))%
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 15
Range: 1000AOE

Here's some math to show that the skill is balanced:
level 5 Gold Aura slows (gold*0.03)%
enemy champion has 1000 gold = 30% slow
enemy champion has 2000 gold = 60% slow
enemy champion has 3000 gold = 90% slow


Plasma Shot: (Ult)(R)
Aurium summons all the arcane energy from his body and forms it into a beam of superheated plasma. This beam searches for random enemies and deals damage to them. The beam bounces around the map, hitting any enemy. Deals 225 damage and bounces 12/14/16 times gaining 7% damage per bounce.
Mana cost: 150
Cooldown: 90/60/60
Range: Global

Note: it only hits enemies that are currently visible.
It cannot hit the same unit twice (unless you think it should)

Now before you say this is OP, think about the math here:

240.75
257.6025
275.634675
294.929102
315.574139
337.664329
361.300832
386.59189
413.653322
442.609055
473.591689
506.743107 at level 12
542.215125
580.170184 at level 14
620.782097
664.236844 at level 16

changelog:

Code:
10.1.10 - Changed Gold Aura into an active ability and clarified it. Changed Gold Armor conversion to 35/30/25/20/15 from 50/40/30/20/10
11.1.10 - changed the slow for Gold Aura to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3% from 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5%, also changed Gold Aura into an active spell.
16.1.10 - Changed the name and description for his Ult, also added some formatting stuff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Todesman

Member

01-09-2010

a gold based character is funking inovative
but you should shorten the cooldown of transmutation and make the e-spell a spell that damages and slows a single target per gold/x because you need some hero hunting
can magnetic shot hit minions? because that would be such an evil farming ability and that fits the character


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

Senior Member

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesman View Post
a gold based character is funking inovative
but you should shorten the cooldown of transmutation and make the e-spell a spell that damages and slows a single target per gold/x because you need some hero hunting
can magnetic shot hit minions? because that would be such an evil farming ability and that fits the character
I'll make the cooldown longer for transmute (it was originally off of Nunu's consume)

I thought that damage plus slow would be OP, but if you think the damage is good, the what numbers would you suggest.

Yes, the Magnetic Shot hits minions, thats what it will hit most of the time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Todesman

Member

01-09-2010

based on the average gold amount I get in a normal game (and Im not that good) which is about 15000 and thinking that an evil aurium player would not spend money and put it all on damage for this ability you should make it with category like this (just suggesting):
under 400 gold: does 80 damage
400-800 gold: does 240 damage
800-1600 gold: does 400 damage
1600-3200 gold: does 560 damage
over 3200 gold: does 800 damage
change as you wish


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aknar

Senior Member

01-09-2010

I love it.there are enought champs that have health-based skills,and kata has cd only based skills,so why not a gold -based champ.So about his skills:the concept sounds pretty balanced and fun to play but the numbers need a little tweaking:

Transmutation:I noticed this is a combination between nunu's heal and doombringer's devour from dota.I like the skill but 11 extra gold it is a bit too less,doom's skill gives him 40 gold at level 4 with only 25 mana,so I say either decrease mana cost and cooldown at the ame time,or modify the numbers to... i dunno maybe: 15/20/25/30/35 extra gold


Gold armor: again sounds a little OP the item called cloth armor gives 20 armor for 300 gold,that's exactly 15 gold per 1 armor,even if it costs 10 mana per point is still more profitable than buying armor items,and thinking he has no problems gaining loads of money even with a nasty K/D ratio,and he has ! extra slot for a intem too it sounds pretty OP.I suggest modifying the numbers so he will convert 50 gold into 1 armor at level 5,or convert 100-120 gold into 1 armor and magic resist at the same time


Gold aura:I didn't really understand how this skill really works,I got it that it slows enemies based on how much gold they have but i didn't got the formula,So i would kindly ask you to make a clearer explain of the formula or i would suggest some numbers like this:it slows enemies by 0.2/0.5/0.8/1.1/1.4% of their gold.So let's say one enemy has umm... 1500 gold,that's about 20% slow,and only for 1500 gold,what about the poor 2500-3500 farmers,that would be 30-50% slow at level 5


Magnetic shot:Love it,I love furion's ult from DotA and I love this guy's ulti too.It's practically a way of killing low hp champs who got away,or let's say it has the same role at karthus's ult


Overall it's a very interactive and original champion and I would like to see if not him,then another champ who messes with the enemies' money



EDIT:Check this out btw:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgRCv3REyjc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

Senior Member

01-09-2010

I don't have the time to review just now, but I gotta make this comment on one of his things he says. Imagine him saying "Your gold is mine" with Shang Tsung's voice ;p (Hope that joke isn't missed, as I found it hilarious)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swift Ghost

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Quote:
Magnetic Shot: (Ult)(R)
Aurium summons magnetic energy from his body and form it into a beam of solid magnetic plasma. This beam singles out enemies that have gold and deals damage to them. The beam bounces around the map, hitting any enemy with gold(technically every thing in the game has gold). Deals 225 damage and bounces 12/14/16 times gaining 7% damage per bounce.
Mana cost: 150
Cooldown: 90/60/60
Range: Global
Is it just me or does this sound a lot like DOTA's Furion the Prophet's ultimate?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

01-10-2010

it's extremely similar. Only difference is that it only hits things he sees I believe? In addition to that, the scaling is different. This starts out stronger, and gains less with level ups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motas

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
Transmutation:I noticed this is a combination between nunu's heal and doombringer's devour from dota.I like the skill but 11 extra gold it is a bit too less,doom's skill gives him 40 gold at level 4 with only 25 mana,so I say either decrease mana cost and cooldown at the ame time,or modify the numbers to... i dunno maybe: 15/20/25/30/35 extra gold
i'll change those numbers to what you've suggested, it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
Gold armor: again sounds a little OP the item called cloth armor gives 20 armor for 300 gold,that's exactly 15 gold per 1 armor,even if it costs 10 mana per point is still more profitable than buying armor items,and thinking he has no problems gaining loads of money even with a nasty K/D ratio,and he has ! extra slot for a intem too it sounds pretty OP.I suggest modifying the numbers so he will convert 50 gold into 1 armor at level 5,or convert 100-120 gold into 1 armor and magic resist at the same time
That's why at levels 1-4 its 50/40/30/20, the last level of it makes up for the horrid waste of gold in the earlier levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
Gold aura:I didn't really understand how this skill really works,I got it that it slows enemies based on how much gold they have but i didn't got the formula,So i would kindly ask you to make a clearer explain of the formula or i would suggest some numbers like this:it slows enemies by 0.2/0.5/0.8/1.1/1.4% of their gold.So let's say one enemy has umm... 1500 gold,that's about 20% slow,and only for 1500 gold,what about the poor 2500-3500 farmers,that would be 30-50% slow at level 5
I'll fix it, actually, I'm gonna rework it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
Magnetic shot:Love it,I love furion's ult from DotA and I love this guy's ulti too.It's practically a way of killing low hp champs who got away,or let's say it has the same role at karthus's ult
It only hits things that are visible on the minimap (some nice clairvoyance synergy )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Niles Aquatic

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Gold isn't magnetic.


12