Corki, worst champion in the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticHypnotic

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFiftyNinjas View Post
See, this is the kind of idiocy and selfishness I don't understand about some in this community. If I see that a player on my team is struggling with a particular champion, it does me no good to tell him "Oh you can dominate on that hero if you're good and build him right" when he has no idea how to build him.

In this case, you've gone a step further: you're actually refusing to help someone who *asked* for help with this champion with what you believe is the best build. If you've got a better build than what you posted, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NOT SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE WHO SPECIFICALLY ASKED HOW TO BUILD THAT CHAMPION WELL?

Every improvement in individual players makes for a better and more challenging game, and in turn improves the overall community. Especially in a game that people aren't required to spend money on to play, community is a significant part of the equation of whether or not a given player will continue to play the game. Are you really so concerned about your win-loss ratio?

If you think you have a better idea than what someone posted or even than what you posted previously, POST IT. Every single guide I've read here thus far has people offering counteradvice and their variations on particular builds and strategies. Sometimes it comes down to a matter of preference or playstyle. Other times, it really does make a significant difference on how you and your team perform in a game if you build a different item or the same items in a different order. If you're going to offer advice to the community, offer the best **** advice you have, not "well this is ok I guess" advice.

LikeFiftyNinjas,

Did you even bother to read the rest of my post? It contains an entire guide to Corki, which is everything you are looking for, but whining about not receiving.

I didn't post my personal build, because it's still a work in progress, it's not what I would consider tried and true, it assumes you have mastery of Corki and that your playstyle/masteries/runes are set up with my personal preferences, and it would be harder to learn Corki with than the build/guide I provided.

Try being appreciative instead of spiteful when people help you, and you'll probably get better results.

Even after your bashing, I'm still taking the time to help you out by referring you to the guide I've previously posted on page 5 of this thread.

ChaoticHypnotic

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
By the way someone at level 25 with only 66 wins shouldnt be giving opinions about corki because he's clearly playing at lower elo and thus owning bads

Since you've been taking an interest in my profile, you can also see that Corki is my primary champion. My Summoner rank and overall record speaks more to the fact that I have a job and not much time to play, than it does to my experience playing Corki. My ELO is completely moot in this context, because the champion remains the same across all ELO tiers. Corki's stats/capabilities aren't magically better or worse, based on the person controlling him or the people he's playing against.

By the way, someone who thinks AP Corki is remotely viable shouldn't be giving opinions on playing Corki, regardless of their rank or record.

Thanks for your contributions though.

Slowdown

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turiviel View Post
He seems like the least played champion and the few times I do see him he always goes negative. I've tried him a few times following guides and he seems to be very underpowered. I see no reason anyone would play him over one of the other ranged carries.

Can someone who plays Corki as a main tell me what exactly me and everyone I've seen play him are doing wrong?
a) every one will EVER focus Corki ... don't know why, but it's a fact . Maybe becouse he has a very spezial model.

b) Corki is in no way a early game ganger! If you are lucky, you might get a kill early but don't try it to hard.

c) early item selection is important for him! he has extrem low HP and compareble short range to other caster before ulti. Tiamat is a nice starter item (helth and mana reg items to beginn with, then sword or boots depending on oponent).

d) If you go alone, chose your victims carefully. Yi and Twitch are compareble easy for excample. Start with bomb, Jump, Autocannon, ulti spam (store rokets for fights!!).

He is hard to play. No no-brainer like Twitch or Yi. You can't go in and expect 5 kills.

As I bough him, I was very diapointed too. Ending with feeder-like k/d/a of 0/12/10. But after MANY bot-practise matches I get mostly ok ratios like 10/5/15. It's still week compared to Yi or Twitch. But they are eazymode nobrains as I said .

I'm still far from beeing good with him. Most times I kill myselve with bad jumps or pressing wrong buttons *g*. All of his abilitys have very short timers. So you can use them 3 or 4 times in bigger fights (+ ulti rocket spam) -> you press a LOT of buttons peer fight!
Not like twitch or Yi with "ulti+auto attack" no-brainers.

Ability chose is the next point. Jump + Mana I find best for him. But that's just me.

Ubersoldat

01-12-2010

Just like to say that I believe Corki can be an early game ganker. He can do some decent burst damage.

Sit in the bushes > Valkyrie towards them (surprise factor + positioning) > Initiate Gatling Gun > drop a Phos on their head > as they run away shoot missiles, they have such a large range that you can hit them even if your enemy enters tower range. If you have Exhaust or Ignite, might as well throw that in.

keftes

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
Since you've been taking an interest in my profile, you can also see that Corki is my primary champion. My Summoner rank and overall record speaks more to the fact that I have a job and not much time to play, than it does to my experience playing Corki. My ELO is completely moot in this context, because the champion remains the same across all ELO tiers. Corki's stats/capabilities aren't magically better or worse, based on the person controlling him or the people he's playing against.

By the way, someone who thinks AP Corki is remotely viable shouldn't be giving opinions on playing Corki, regardless of their rank or record.

Thanks for your contributions though.
Sorry chaotic but 66 wins at lvl25 suggest that you're not that good and thus shouldnt be giving advices about playing any hero.

And sorry but AP corki even with the nerfs to his ap ratios is viable.

LikeFiftyNinjas

01-12-2010

The key to doing well with Corki is staying out of the middle of everyone. If you don't, you *will* get CC'd, focused, and die an excruciating, if lightning fast, death.

Corki's strength lies in his range. Valkyrie is for chasing down lone heroes with low hp and running away, *not* for jumping in the middle of a team fight to initiate. Corki, like other ranged carry champions, is meant to stay at range and blast people. He needs some hp early on, so getting a catalyst is an excellent idea. I find that in between harassing and farming with my regular attack + phosphorus bomb, I'm able to afford one by around level 5 if I start out with a Ruby Crystal (which itself helps out a good deal with initial survivability).

If you can learn to Q->E-> and then Rocket spam accurately, you can easily rack up a good number of kills.

So in short, STAY BACK and get good with your skill shot. Also, don't be afraid to use your rockets to farm or harass if you've got 7 loaded. The mana cost is trivial and there's no sense in essentially "wasting" rockets which won't be loading because you're full.

PrawnWonton

01-12-2010

The problem with Valkrie, is that it sucks for chasing or escaping. You actually don't even gain any distance with it, compared to just running with boots. Which is kind of sad. That, and many walls won't let you jump over, even when there is space to do so. Plus, it has a nasty habit of canceling itself early. I don't know how to describe it, but about 1/3 of the time you cast it, and you only go about half the distance. Which is worse than sad. Anyone else have this issue?

The range on it needs to be increased. I'd rather it have no damage, but be useful to close distance/escape, than what it is now.

Level99RaidBoss

01-13-2010

I'm still having the same thoughts I was having before starting this thread. Most of the replies seem to mention that the key to playing a good Corki is his farming potential and insane damage once he is already fed with 2x Bloodthirsters, Boots, Malady etc etc, I don't have a problem with him once he has all those items, my problem with him is he is complete **** early and mid game and therefore never gets those items.

An Ashe, Tristana, Twitch, Sivir or Nidalee can do just as well as him late game if they are equally fed, yet they don't have anywhere near as bad a early and mid game as Corki.

Here are some of the pros of Corki I have read in this post.

"He beats Yi or Twitch 1v1"

I'm guessing because of his Q ability which causes them to miss and his higher burst. Yet Teemo also beats Yi and Twitch 1v1, except better.

"He farms really well once he has the right items"

So does Ashe, Tristana, Teemo etc etc. Sivir farms better right from level 1.

"You just need to stay at the back and use you aoe damage, as he is too squishy to be initiating with Valkyrie"

He'll get focused by any decent team, and Twitch does the job of AOE damage from out of range much better than Corki, again with a much stronger early and mid game.

I really think Corki is too weak of a character atm, this is the reason he is so underplayed. No it's not because he costs 6k IP or he hasn't been in rotation since week 1, it's because he is just a weak character overall. I've seen 10x as many Karthus's, Blitzcrank's and even Anivia's than I have seen Corki's and probably 25x as many Twitch's.

Soga no Tojiko

01-13-2010

Turiviel, worst troll in the forums?

had to say it, corki just isn't simple to use as far as i can see, i've seen alot of corkis, some sucked really bad, but those who actually knew what they were doing were beasts, to me hes just like TF in the sense that, if you know how to properly use him, he is very dangerous.