Corki, worst champion in the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZGBudai

Member

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Is that why twitch is used in high Elo games all the time too? People complain about Twitch because a good twitch will be completely out of range for you to do anything while CM hits his ult and Alistar flashes in and stuns a couple of you. His problem is his ultimate. In addition, Alistar is in EVERY game.

I could care less about Twitch ganking players, that isn't the problem with him and most games he barely ganks anybody because people set up wards (except for first blood due to imbalanced lizard buff).

Corki isn't played at the moment because Twitch is significantly better for doing half the work.
You act as if Corki and Twitch are essentially the same champion. They aren't. Also I don't know what high ELO games you are playing but I only see Alistar in maybe 1/3 of mine which isn't a lot considering I see Twitch and Shaco a lot more.

Corki is an amazing champion and the games that I've seen him where he does good, he does GOOD. His presence alone is devastating, I sometimes don't even want to go in simply because I know Corki will make quick work of the other team.

I hate going into 1v1 statements, but trust me, If Corki and Twitch were to go 1v1, Corki would win. Also, does your team not buy wards or something? Twitch is an alright champion but nothing god-like. Even my newbie friends who I premade with says the Twitch is pretty easy to kill once you can trick him into ganking bait.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
You act as if Corki and Twitch are essentially the same champion. They aren't. Also I don't know what high ELO games you are playing but I only see Alistar in maybe 1/3 of mine which isn't a lot considering I see Twitch and Shaco a lot more.

Corki is an amazing champion and the games that I've seen him where he does good, he does GOOD. His presence alone is devastating, I sometimes don't even want to go in simply because I know Corki will make quick work of the other team.

I hate going into 1v1 statements, but trust me, If Corki and Twitch were to go 1v1, Corki would win. Also, does your team not buy wards or something? Twitch is an alright champion but nothing god-like. Even my newbie friends who I premade with says the Twitch is pretty easy to kill once you can trick him into ganking bait.
Sorry, but I don't think you are playing at higher Elo. Alistar is in every, single, game... especially with his glitch that fires people to the moon for 20 minutes.

In addition, who cares who wins 1v1? What a terrible argument. Twitch's whole problem is that he absolutely devastates teams while staying completely out of harms way with his ultimate. Like I said before, I could care less about his ganking or 1v1 ability.

Once again, if corki was such a great carry he would be used instead of Twitch (I see corki maybe once in 30 games, Twitch 9 out of 10). They ARE both carries, so yes I can compare them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

Senior Member

01-10-2010

I would say the reason that you do not see many Corkis are as follows:

1) He's a 6K IP champion, meaning newer players cannot afford him
2) He hasn't been free since the first week
3) Because of 2, most people haven't had a chance to test him to see if it's worth spending that 6K IP on.

However, from what I've heard in most tier discussion threads, in high ELO he is considered one of the best carries. (Probably under twitch, but with the upcoming twitch nerfing this will likely change). Here's what he has to offer:

1) Free, low-cooldown stealth detection
2) An attack that applies his attack damage in an AOE over a relatively long period of time while massively lowering armor and still allowing him to autoattack
3) An easy escape mechanism that punishes chasers
4) 4, count them, 4 different AOE abilities
5) A Passive that applies as much DPS increase on average as Yi's, only more consistently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bobthegood

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Corki wrecks in high elo for aforementioned reasons.

He can be built a multitude of ways varying from ap to attack damage (or even hybrid) giving him flexibility against different team matchups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZGBudai

Member

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Sorry, but I don't think you are playing at higher Elo. Alistar is in every, single, game... especially with his glitch that fires people to the moon for 20 minutes.

In addition, who cares who wins 1v1? What a terrible argument. Twitch's whole problem is that he absolutely devastates teams while staying completely out of harms way with his ultimate. Like I said before, I could care less about his ganking or 1v1 ability.

Once again, if corki was such a great carry he would be used instead of Twitch (I see corki maybe once in 30 games, Twitch 9 out of 10). They ARE both carries, so yes I can compare them.
Using glitches that will only last for maybe a patch or so does not make a champion high tier, contrary to popular belief.

Anyways, I respect your opinion and I hope you respect mine. Let's end this here before flamers start jumping in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zine

Senior Member

01-10-2010

I have been playing Corki for a LONG time at high Elo.

He is a great character. I don't think he is "God tier" or underpowered...it all comes down to what kind of team you have. If you have a team build around team fights, corki is great. If your team is designed more for assasinations, then you'd be better off with a Twitch, Ashe or Tristana.

His great AoE capabilities are balanced out by his terrible range. I tend to build him with a lot of survivabilty so that he can stay in fights long enough to get off 9 rockets, the full duration of gatling gun and a few flash bombs.

Since most of his damage is done by rockets and flash bombs, you don't really need that much attack damage early on. Try going Chalice->Zerkers->Warmogs->Atmas.

Or if you are winning early, go for Frozen mallet instead of Warmogs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
Using glitches that will only last for maybe a patch or so does not make a champion high tier, contrary to popular belief.
It sure does, but even without glitches Alistar is one of the best tanks in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leohan

Senior Member

01-10-2010

As a Twitch player, I fear decent Corkis. They have the ability to shut you down rather easily if they know what they're doing.

I nominate Turret Heimer as the worst champion ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

relaxtomato

Junior Member

01-10-2010

Doran's Shield + pots
Crystal > Sheen
Boots > Zerkers
Crystal > Phage
Phage + Sheen > Trin
Clever


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

Senior Member

01-10-2010

Only reason he's not top tier is because he's outshined by Twitch atm.