I like dota heroes more.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonKimDDS View Post
compared to dota
then play dota.

i, for one, like the size difference in the champions.

Wana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

I agree that Riot can fit a bulky/chubby Champion here and there.

Nerek

08-13-2009

Chogath is huge and Allistar is also a decent size, though the design of characters in general is skinnier than DotA they have added a few bigger champions and I'm sure there will be more.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

yeah. Interestingly enough, one of the complaints I saw about kassadin was that some people saw him as TOO chunky.
Kinda ironic, I dunno.
I do agree though that we're probably going to start seeing larger models, and some currently are quite large. For example, cho'gath and tiny might be considered comparable [both grow] in terms of size, and from what I've seen they generally do end up being... well... comparably sized. Overall though, there aren't a ton of larger heroes in LoL, but I'm sure that as they fill out the lineup more [we've sorta gotten a good amount of magic nukers at this point, let's mix it up people ] that'll start to be a bit less noticable. However, yes, LoL heroes are smaller then Dota heroes overall. Personally, I don't mind it, but I do agree it could be offputting especially when you start having to deal with champs like tristana and teemo

Sagas

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

Model size affects game play too- targeting a dwarven sniper or naix is much more difficult than Pudge or a fully grown Tiny. I like that the models are similar in size, it evens out that part of the play.

The Uprising

08-13-2009

hai

so i here u leik chunky chiks?

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

Chunky DotA heroes -

Tiny, Panda, Centaur, EarthShaker, Tauren Cheiftan, Alchemist, Magnus, Tidehunter, Doombringer, Pit Lord, Pudge, NA, Ogre Magi, Enigma!
Yea... LoL needs bigger heroes.. I'd love a big fat ass character :P

FreddyKrieger

08-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonKimDDS View Post
Dota heroes looked chunky whereas LOL heroes look skinny.
I think big and chunky design are much better especially because this game uses cell-shading graphic.

It will be very hard to notice different skin if champions look this small and people won't spend money on skin because it will be very hard to distinguish different skins.

We may need some big champions like tiny from Dota. Bigger units are just better in this type of game. Everything just looks too small compared to dota.
I quote!
Master Yi seems coming out from anorexy...

Rokudan

The Council

08-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagas View Post
Model size affects game play too- targeting a dwarven sniper or naix is much more difficult than Pudge or a fully grown Tiny. I like that the models are similar in size, it evens out that part of the play.
arghhhhh I WILL TARGET YOU BOUNTY HUNTER! damnit missed.

Anyways, I like the feel of LoL's heroes. They may be slimmer, but they have more personality to boot. Given, dota couldn't give much personality since they had to use wc3 models, but LoL's champions all have different personalities, jokes, playstyles etc. that I love.

Fraenk

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Sad View Post
99 actually :P
Fail ^^ There are 95
I cant really say something about this, just that i tike the way heroes look like in LoL.
: D Veigar allways reminds me of FF9