Which champion to play now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LyraOrpheo

01-15-2011

If there's something I've learned in the past 500ish games or so is that you are not here to play Ezreal or Akali, you're here to play MFing league of legends and that is picking a role appropiate for your team. So I've been trying to get good at a few characters.

Currently these are the characters I'm decent at: Rammus, Xin Zhao, Janna, Teemo(lol), Sivir

Who should I give a try next? My plan is to be ready to begin Ranked and be ready to choose the right champion for the team and kick myself up from the starting 1200 ELO to whatever I belong to.

Should I pick a new tank champion? I hear Rammus is getting nerfed soon and is banned almost all games..

viscrom

01-15-2011

I would buy more heroes and learn them really well. It's a lot better to play with a hero that you know very well than it is to play by some random's tier list.

The quality of the player playing the hero is what matters most. A good player can wreck faces with pretty much every hero when played right.

With that said, just buy a bunch of heroes that you like and get good with them; then make sure you have a few good rune sets.

Tokinatoor

01-15-2011

Rammus is banned right now but he will be nerfed to death soon....

ImTerryFox

01-15-2011

I agree with viscrom, get a team also for the ranked game.

Make sure that you get everything, tank, dps, caster... etc.

And also make sure that you get at least 2 or 3 main character of your category.

If you are a good DPS, you should go ww, pant or yi... for example. Make sure you know how to adjust your build and everything else.

LyraOrpheo

01-15-2011

Gonna do solo queue.

I'm not sure if you guys understood well what I'm asking or if you skipped my post. I do okay with the champions I just stated above. I love playing those.

What I'm looking for is to expand my repertoire. I'm asking recommendations. Champions that based on what I already play would compliment my current rooster.

EDIT: Tried Singed right now cause he was unkillable and did insane damage in a game I played against him not too long ago, didnt work the same for me though!

Luthien Kess

01-15-2011

I'd say you could use another few tank options, and maybe another mage or AD carry.

For tanks I'd recommend trying malphite (who could also play off-tank damage), amumu, or shen. I've never had much luck with singed, as his playstyle is quite a bit different.

I don't play mages well, but some you could try are veigar, annie (though maybe not, she's countered easily), and vlad. Really though, there are a lot of mages with different playstyles, and I'm not to good with them so I can't advise you that well

For AD carries, ashe and trist are pretty popular choices, ashe with her slow/stun and trist with her sorta escape/anti-heal/natural attack speed. Personally I find ashe easier to play because you don't need to start jumping around to position your ultimate.

You could also grab a support character if you want, you have janna and she's usually pretty good, but you could also try taric or zilian (though zil needs a certain team comp to work well).

Doriantv

01-15-2011

Zilean works well if you have a good carry player for a buddy.

Luthien Kess

01-15-2011

Also, in case you haven't seen it, check out elementz list.

http://reignofelementz.com/tier-list/

LyraOrpheo

02-12-2011

I did check Elementz list but I take it with a grain of salt, his opinion's valid but it is just one persons and I wanted to hear/read several's :P

Based on suggestions I might try Shen and Taric next, the former I have some experience with so I'd just need to polish that and Taric's chinese skin is awesome, might end up getting the chinese mod for LoL client.

Don't really have a caster either, I have my eye on Anivia, though not sure how much weaker she got after last nerf and Malzahar, when I lane against him I almost always have a hard time.

ThomasMenegazzo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

I'd try to get good at at least 2 champs per type
Tanks: try shen,malphite or amumu
Ap: Anivia is just good, vlad is easy, and i'd recommend you try kassadin.In the first few games you'll suck, but after you understand his playstyle you can carry hard.
Carry:here you go by personal preference, i'd recommend corki since he's one of the best carrys, and is on free week.