Ping sound...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinGregg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

i think the ping noise is very annoying and should be changed to anything less annoying. anyone agree?

Punchie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

If it wasn't annoying you wouldn't notice it

KevinGregg

01-15-2011

there should at least be a volume control for the ping and a cap on how many times the noise can go off in a given time. mass ping is awful, especially when it is that loud and annoying.

Utora

01-16-2011

I agree. There should be a separate volume for pings however I can see how that may interfere with performance and communication if half your team doesn't have their ping volume audible at all.

But a cap is definitely in order. I think Riot uses FMOD for their audio middleware and I'm not sure if it has that functionality built in, but Wwise does and its a good thing

P U N T C U N T

01-16-2011

Yes please.

Badmagic Voodoo

01-17-2011

There needs to be an option for the ping to turn it off or down. Sometimes people abuse it which in turn makes the game experience awfull. I've almost left games before because of the rediculous pinging of the map over and over and over. I beg you, please add some type of mute button next to the mini map.

c4ke333ter

01-20-2011

PING PING PING PINGPING PING PING PING PING PING

noobslayer34: Who the hell keeps pinging
Kurt21: STOP PINGING YOU ****ING MORON

PING PING PING PING

ghettog447: I'll stop pinging when you get over there
Kurt21: **** YOU ******

I assume I'm not the only one who's experienced this

pookie

01-27-2011

I hunted down this forum and then this thread just because of my hatred of the ping sound. An argument of it being necessary for me to respond is invalid since I start to ignore pings after the third consecutive PINGPINGPING.
If I could find the file I needed to delete, I would. You would think I was the worst team member ever but I would be mindlessly running around having the time of my life, ignoring these stupid pings.
If anything, put a delay on it. For starters, one ping per second is too often. The current system encourages throwing pings on the minimap and can cause confusion or frustration (I yell furiously in ventrilo).

To respond to myself quickly- You mad? Yep. This sound is honestly BAD enough to make me post about it here. Give me a way to adjust it and I will. i.e. A volume slider (labeled LOUD-ASS PING VOLUME *TrollFace*) similar to the music and ambiance in games.

pookie

01-27-2011

An addition to my previous rant.
Consider people who do not speak the same language as 3/5 of the team.
I don't understand their chat, so instead they spam the map, which I begin to ignore or prioritize less frequently. This of course leads to a messy game :<

End rant... Possibly.

bbgun7788

06-13-2011

annoying ping sound,2...
maybe riot should use the sound of HON