Most Effective DPS/Tank Alistar?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

01-09-2010

Whats the most effective build for Alistar DPS/Tank? I prefer Rylais on him because of the +80 AP and the movement rate reduction, really helps in team fights. I am trying to get a good item setup that works for tanking somewhat, and huge DPS/Burst damage?

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

dps alistar builds triforce + brutalizer. you need clarity + ghost to make it work though. hf.

p.s. rylai is horrrrible on alistar. the only spell that procs with rylai is headbutt.

Phoxly

01-10-2010

Alistar has the WORST early game playability ever. He can't "pulverize entire waves" midgame like they say he can, I've had him at end game, and he still can't. I don't get it. I don't die very often, but at 10 minutes I have like 20 minin kllls IF I AM LUCKY.

DamnPandaHands

01-10-2010

Well that's ludicrous. Work on last hitting and stop playing alistar are dps and you will be better at the game. He is an amazing tank and one of, if not the best decider of team battles and how well you will do in them. His aoe stun and ability to push their carry either towards your allies or out of the battle taking place, effectively takes care of most of the enemies dps and makes this new battle a 5v4, allowing a huge team advantage. Not to mention, he is an amazing pusher.

Toros

01-10-2010

lol at dps/tank ali item build. It's fine for practice games. as is DPS janna.

Ali has CC, and the ability to absorb huge amounts of punishment.

I usually build a sheen, then boots (usually Merc's), mana manipulator, then ageis, than soul shroud.

if the game ever went on long enough, I'd get a frozen heart next.

helps your team far more, you can take massive punishment, and still push/drop towers like a beast.

also, sheen helps your last hitting and farming immensely, as well as helping your mana pool and being able to harass during the laning phase.

ali is not a carry, he feeds the carries and helps win teamfights.

Lumaca

01-10-2010

Lol at Rylai, it works on one move, and that move actually sends the enemy across the map.

He should get items with auras on them. Innervating Locket, Aegis of the Legion, Frozen Heart, etc. But not Starks'.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

i've gotten starks on alistar b4. it was very nice.

Monxide

01-11-2010

i've found that ap on alistar is kinda situational thing. If your team rocking with you alongside you definetely can grab a mejai's for an extra oomph in a teamfights and as you are really hard to take down you are very unlikely to lose any of charges of mejai's. And 700 dmg pulverize and headbutt are not to laugh at. But if the game is pretty even you need all the surviveability and team auras you can grab.
just my 2 c.

Jorana

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toros View Post
Ali has CC, and the ability to absorb huge amounts of punishment.

I usually build a sheen, then boots (usually Merc's), mana manipulator, then ageis, than soul shroud.

if the game ever went on long enough, I'd get a frozen heart next.

helps your team far more, you can take massive punishment, and still push/drop towers like a beast.

also, sheen helps your last hitting and farming immensely, as well as helping your mana pool and being able to harass during the laning phase.
Interesting build. I tend to go with

1) Meki's Pendant, 1 health pot, 1 mana pot
2) Chalice of Harmony (for the mana regen and magic resistance)
3) Speed 2 boots, depending on matchup, either Ninja's Tabi or Mercury Treads
4) Frozen Heart or Sheen (game usually ends here)
5) Aegis or Phage depending on my feeling

Maybe once I get more mana regen runes, an early sheen would be better as long as I don't have to face really heavy magic champions like Ryze or Veigar.

Any issues with my build?

Comma

01-11-2010

Definitely build him for strength (I like Innervating Locket + Warmogs). The idea is, focus on the huge tank or he will CC the **** out of your team. But if you focus him, then the rest of the team rapes you. Takes gigantic balls to play him right like that continually putting enemies in lose-lose situations. Also, Flash + Ulti + Headbutt tower dive is hilarious.