Sight ward viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bathory

01-09-2010

Just wondering what decent players think of sticking a sight ward in the bushes in river on top and bottom or on the sides of mid. Worth the gold? They are kinda cheap but would add up over time. You'd only need to do this for the first 15 mins or so until a lane is down but yeah... Gank prevention in solo-queue or waste of gold?

Solus

01-09-2010

I almost always ward up the lane I'm in(The little brush by the river on either side lanes, or both brush on either side of mid) as well as the dragon and after the laning phase I just ward Nashor/Dragon. Depending on who I'm playing or the enemy is playing I'll also ward the rune mobs. Nothing like ganking Yi/Warwick while they're jungling.

Bathory

01-09-2010

Interesting, thats a lot of gold though. For sight wards thats 90g a piece so potentially 5 every 4.5 mins... imagining a game lasts for 45 mins that's about 4500g. Seems like a lot but I agree it makes your ganks a lot more viable and yourself a lot less gankable... still 4500g:| that's a lot. I'm trying to work out if I'd rather 4500g for security or 4500g on items and just be very map aware.

(Not to mention if you use vision wards that's potentially 7500g.)

Thoughts?

criptix

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
Interesting, thats a lot of gold though. For sight wards thats 90g a piece so potentially 5 every 4.5 mins... imagining a game lasts for 45 mins that's about 4500g. Seems like a lot but I agree it makes your ganks a lot more viable and yourself a lot less gankable... still 4500g:| that's a lot. I'm trying to work out if I'd rather 4500g for security or 4500g on items and just be very map aware.

(Not to mention if you use vision wards that's potentially 7500g.)

Thoughts?
5 sight wards every 5 mins ist really to much, that would be to expensive for the map awareness.
but its enough to have 2 wards to secure the top/bot river, and thats prolly 180 g for 3 min and will counter 80-90% of all river ganks
on top it will open situation where u can gank them at the dragon.

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

I try to get a cheap sight ward every time I go back for items.

Osaft22

01-11-2010

One of the best wards is in the river infront of the dragon. Totaly worth the 90g

You see ganks from bot at mid, from mid at bot. And control the dragon.