@Riot How Many Sentient Races

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmusedGlint

01-14-2011

How many species in Runeterra are intelligent? So far I've seen:

-Humans
-Trolls
-Manbaconian (according to Shurelia)
-Minotaur
-Yordles
-Yeti

Talz

01-14-2011

People always forget the Lizardmen, considering the fact they wear and use fairly complex armor/weapons, I think they are sentient. Dragon's are also debatably intelligent.

PhantomChaos

01-14-2011

He was referring to in-lore Runeterra. Thus far, there has been no evidence of Lizardmen or Dragons, regardless of their presence in other worlds.

Talz

01-14-2011

Who said I wasn't referring to game lore? They exist in the Summoners Rift, and those beasts are based on local creatures. As the map from the selection screen shows, Summoner's Rift is a part of Runeterra.

BuddhistDuelist

01-14-2011

There are also Trolls in the Ironback mountains. If you want to get really specific, you could count Rammus, Blitzcrank, and Twitch. They are all sentient, but the only members of their race.

SethCypher

01-17-2011

I'm sorry, Manbaconian? Which race was that?

Also Kayle and Morgana are angels, so technically they're of a different species. Though that being said, they're not indeginous to Runeterra at all so I guess they're arguably left out.

Draken Frosthand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Manbaconian is, in thesis, the species of the Shopkeeper.

There are the sentient undead. Liches (Karthus), vampires (they have to exist, since Evelynn's lore says people think she might have minor vampirism), probably more too.

We don't know much about the oceans of runeterra. I will bet with you that fish-people exist.

Last but not least, on standard fantasy races (elves, dwarves), I do believe those are lumped in as human subspecies, with my theory based on Janna's ears.

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

There's also the human/animal hybrids that we see in Nasus and Renekton. They're certainly sentient, but like Morgana and Kayle are from a different plane of existence. I believe Anivia and Malphite are from different worlds as well and Galio would fall under the same category as Blitzcrank, Twitch, and Rammus.

EdwinMols

01-17-2011

Moredekaiser and Rammus are both sentient, and Mordekaiser is only "allegedly," human, but it is arguable whether or not they each constitute a "species" by themselves.

Dimensionist

01-17-2011

How could you forget about Rammus!?

Rammus is disappoint but all he can say is "ok"

Edit: ninja'd