Game will not start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShoeToe

01-09-2010

Hello. I suggested my friend to download this game, as he did an hour ago. After installing and patching he tried to enter Tutorial Game. Did not work.

Then I told him to join my Practice Game. Didn't work.

He could join, choose champion. But then when the game started, I got to fullscreen mode, and the game started for me, but not for him. His PVP.net Client went to a tray icon and no game opened up. When he opened the tray icon, it said "Game still in Progress" and a button "Reconnect".

He tried the reconnect button, but still same problem. He can't play the game and is trying to fix it somehow.

He use windows 7 which might be the problem. I don't know. He don't have any firewalls up either.

I been searching for threads with this problems, and I found some, but not any direct answers for how to fix this.

Now I wonder if anyone got any solution, or suggestion to this? He is re-installing the game now thought.

I appreaciate serious answers// Ticklebear

quincypride

01-09-2010

it's same here.
i just patched the game yesterday, when i tried to join a solo game today i passed the champion selection window, but when the countdown timer reach zero and the launcher minimiced to tray (then the small "league of legend" icon popped up), the monitor screen is blanking (like when the loading is starting),but then an error sound is played, the blank screen is dissapearing, and im crashed back to the start screen. i noticed the launcher is still in the tray but the game isn't in the system process and when i opened the launcher it says the game is still on progress.

when i played this game 2 months ago, i can play normally, and then i had stopped playing till today and then i got this error

anyone can help?

this is the ICSI Netalyzer thingy
http://n9.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...9916-4d42-b904

and for somewhat reason the 2010-01-10_12-57-41_netlog.txt file size is 0 bytes and can't be uploaded

Lyralicious

Recruiter

01-10-2010

Greetings,
the problem you two are pointing out is one, that I've had before myself.
If it is the same like mine (launcher=yes -> gamestart=no) then it might be a problem with your Adobe Air.
This problem can be caused if the Air installation was corrupted (not having the right authority/enough space/etc.). It can also occur if you don't install the game, but only copy it from a friend. Even installing adobe Air after doesn't fix it anymore, atleast it didn't for me.
A solution? Re-install the game and make sure everything with Air goes allright during the installation.

Yours sincerely,
Mawari

p.s. I got Win7 x64 Ultimate

baM valO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-10-2010

the fox ot this problem is directx, install the lastes from microsoft.com and youre done

nickadena

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawari View Post
Greetings,
the problem you two are pointing out is one, that I've had before myself.
If it is the same like mine (launcher=yes -> gamestart=no) then it might be a problem with your Adobe Air.
This problem can be caused if the Air installation was corrupted (not having the right authority/enough space/etc.). It can also occur if you don't install the game, but only copy it from a friend. Even installing adobe Air after doesn't fix it anymore, atleast it didn't for me.
A solution? Re-install the game and make sure everything with Air goes allright during the installation.

Yours sincerely,
Mawari

p.s. I got Win7 x64 Ultimate
I think the real problem we have is that when we try to download dirctx verion 9.0 (W7), we have a message which is : Problem with the .CAB file...
Then we don t know which is the real cause of this %&$

Thank you