Griefers Beware! The Tribunal is Coming…

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

01-14-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Summoners!

Every League of Legends player has encountered a few bad apples out there on the Field of Justice. And while the latest renovations to our LeaverBuster system were a step in the right direction, there are certain violations of the Summoner’s Code that an automated system just can’t detect. Luckily, we have a secret weapon for which these grey areas present no obstacle. That secret weapon is: the League of Legends Community!

Permit me to introduce The Tribunal, a revolutionary system by which you, the players, are empowered to evaluate cases of bad behavior. Soon, when you log into your account on the League of Legends website, you will be presented with the option to review random player reports. Bundled with each report will be supporting information relevant to the case, such as chat logs and game stats. With these materials at your disposal, you will be asked to vote to either punish or pardon the reported player. Once a case receives enough votes in either direction, the case will be resolved. In accordance with the verdict, the reported player will receive either a pardon or be subject to disciplinary action.

So why should you take part in The Tribunal? Well, for starters, you will have the opportunity to help clean up the League of Legends community by ensuring that reports of player harassment are handled in a quick and timely manner. But if civic virtue isn’t incentive enough, we’re going to throw in an IP reward for each case in which you’re part of the majority vote.

Still have questions? Well we may already have answers. Satisfy your curiosity by heading on over to The Tribunal FAQ. If you’ve uncovered something we hadn’t yet considered, feel free to post your question as a comment to this thread. We’ll make sure it gets answered.

Griefers beware! The Tribunal is coming. You will be judged!

Shrimpsess

01-14-2011

Sounds awesome.

Airoheadkill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-14-2011

Truely amazing!

VKhaun

01-14-2011

I vote punish on Shrimpsess.

BrotherDhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-14-2011

Expected

Tamat

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

01-14-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

We're really excited about this system.We hope you are too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDhan View Post
Expected
Good! We're not to all the unexpected stuff yet.

Diaermot

01-14-2011

Will everyone have the ability to do this? I sense griefers griefing and also absolving themselves.

Verdun

01-14-2011

It sounds good, but the ip reward for majority part sounds a bit off.

Unless you can't see the votes of your peers, then I'm cool with it.

Dyloslawer

01-14-2011

You too will be judged

Fulgr1m

01-14-2011

Oh man, I look forward to laying down the HAMMER!