Surving with Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziggycuff

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTcb View Post
So you're blatantly going full damage and complaining that you cannot survive?.

I wasn't complaining, I was asking for advice.

Thanks for the criticism though!

D is 4 Lysdexia

01-14-2011

use flash to use as a juke while hiding in your shroud. You can place shroud on a bush, when they run in to catch you just run back the way they came from and flash over another wall

Gustfaint

01-14-2011

Dont go in before everyone else ults, unless you know you wont get hit by it.

If youre overfarmed get some defensive items, it really is worth the effort. If it's a game where for some reason no one buys an oracles, and no one has an ability that can see you, just buy a negatron. It's really all you should need. Shroud will cover you from any auto attackers, so at that point all you need to worry about is random AoE spells.

But once youre in, think of a way to leave asap, jump to weaker champs on the other team if you have to, although the thing is it really is based on how your team does. If they just fail epically, youre kinda toast no matter what.

PainOfInsanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

I just played Kat in a practise game. The build I used on her is basically the same I'd use on Akali.

If you farmed well and have not returned to fountain, rush a death cap. If you had to go back, get Rylai's in pieces.

Items I used was
Death Cap
Rylai's
Banshees
Atmas
And I never got my last item.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Someone already mentioned it, but if Twisted Fate is causing you issues specifically, pick up a Banshee's Veil. The bubble will absorb the sight portion of his ultimate so he can't see you in Shroud. Of course, if he was paying attention to where his ally died he can still teleport there and get you if your Shroud is down, but it makes it more dangerous for him to do so if your Shroud is up as he can't immediately target you.

Akali is capable of "carrying" to a degree, but your team really has to be about of average skill for it to work. It sounds like your team was below average overall, and in this situation, assassins start to lose their impact because their team is incapable of remaining alive to provide protection. You have to know when and what survival items to get while making sure to sacrifice as little damage as possible. BV is a good all-around defensive item even though the mana is completely wasted, and a GA is a decent backup if you die in Shroud, or have Shroud ready to cast upon revive. GA also favors armor over MR, while BV is completely MR so it will help balance out your defenses if you need it. Other than that, Rylais is good offensive and defensive item rolled into one, and every Akali should be using it.

biomorph

01-15-2011

Akali is like most assassin like champions, it boils down to timing, knowing when and where to charge. I have charged 1v5 sometimes with my team close behind me but only if I know they can net see me or taunt me out of my shroud or something similar. It's not adviced but as a geared up akali you can easily tear up a squishy before anyone can respond to it (again if they can't counter your chroud).

But generally stay out of sight and then dash right into the fight after it breaks loose and be very aggressive is how you make the most of akali. After all one of her comments in "Hesitation is the seed of defeat" =)

A TF can never beat a geared up Akali. He may get a gold card on you and followed by a few attacks but a few assassins marks and dashes afterwards he is dead before being able to land a new card on you.

Getting Rylai's on Akali has several advantages but perhaps the most significant is the HP. Once you have it you need to time your attacks but once you go in your best chances of surviving is being extremely aggressive. For Akali it is kill or be killed but fortunately she is very good at killing.

ArtDZ

01-16-2011

Just pay attention and remember to run/flash/ult creeps if you need to get away. Though, mostly you can easily take out TF if your doing well. I would also suggest rylai's