Surving with Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziggycuff

01-14-2011

Hello everyone!

So I played a game today, and we really did have the game in the bag, but I noticed that I am very easily killed when twisted fate can counter my shroud, so my question is, what are some good tactics to stay alive with Akali? (Except for getting tank items -.-)

In this game though, It was Me (Akali), Shaco, who went pure dmg, Udyr, Cho'gath, and Master Yi. I was going to go mostly AP with a few dmg items. (Deathcap, Frozen mallet, other AP items) and Shaco went all dmg items. Let me tell you by the end of the game, we could kill anyone before they even noticed us. But since Udyr and Yi were usually pushing lanes to far, and Cho was just jungling, It was me and shaco who were really just warding/scouting/ganking. So basically it was us 2 who ere severely overfarmed vs all five of them.

Heres the thing, I can go 1 on 1 with say, Zhao, kill him in 3 seconds, and be left with half health, now with low energy, and no creeps around to jump to, All I can do is shroud and hope for the best, but nope, Twisted just ulties and I get killed instantly :/ (And my team is on the other side of the map pushing lanes and gets ganked a minute later)

How do I best survive in this situation? Is there anything I can improve on or is it my team?

Im only level 10, by the way. Thanks for reading!

Edit: It was the last game I played, to whoever bother's to look up my profile and check out the items/farm/kills

Lairai

01-14-2011

It's your team for being stupid. This isn't a game where you can 1v5 or even 2v5 for that matter. And as for Akali gameplay, your survivability hinges on the fact that in teamfights, you go in after everyone has blown their wad. After all the nukes, stuns, AoEs are done, you go in and kill everyone on the other side (besides the tanks).

BenceGWA

01-14-2011

Yup. Akali is an assassin who excels at cleanup and catching people off guard or who are fleeing or in the midst of a fight when 100 other things are going on. She's susceptible to ganks just as any other stealther would be.

Ziggycuff

01-14-2011

Thanks all for the advice, ill keep that in mind

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Get defensive items, don't go all out glass cannon. 700hp doesn't cut it.

And as for ganking way past laning phase, only gank them when you know where the other 4 are.

Anaestheticz

01-14-2011

As they said, you can't expect to survive when you are doing 1v1s or 1v2s. Akali is a clean up champ....during team fights, you wait to get in when you see them blow all of their crowd control abilities (snare, stuns, etc) before you nuke them all.

Cenerae

01-14-2011

Akali's job is to pick out a squishy target, and kill it before getting killed herself.

In an ideal situation, you can gun down more than one squishy, or at least survive after your kill. It's all about timing, and you certainly don't want to be the first guy joining the fight.

I also don't recommend trying to 1v1 a Xin Zhao with akali

Cruxs

01-14-2011

I'd recommend getting some Attack Damage Marks (Try to atleast get 2 AD from them.)
Then start with a Dorans Blade+Health Pot, Try to farm up and grab your Rylais, then boots, then a lich bane.
*Reasoning behind this is for Akali's passive, 8+2 AD, 8 from the Dorans Blade, activates your passive and gives you that little boost of health.

Akali isn't always a 'Cleanup champ', i play her very aggressively and get some fantastic results, your burst is enough to make any champ **** themselves.

You'll most likely have your Rylais around 19 minutes.(Depending on your farm/if you got a kill or not)
The game is usually over by the time i get my Lich Bane, just play Passive-Agressive, and know when to harass.

Just my opinion on how to build/play akali.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

So you're blatantly going full damage and complaining that you cannot survive? Even Akali has uses for defensive items. I won't hesitate to build a Banshee's Veil on her if I really need it. You need to learn that all of your problems cannot be solved by always building the best damage build you can (which you even failed at that; never get Frozen Mallet on her).

Cruxs

01-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTcb View Post
So you're blatantly going full damage and complaining that you cannot survive? Even Akali has uses for defensive items. I won't hesitate to build a Banshee's Veil on her if I really need it. You need to learn that all of your problems cannot be solved by always building the best damage build you can (which you even failed at that; never get Frozen Mallet on her).
Edit:Misread, my fault.

@OP You could have Swapped a Deathcap for a BV, would have canceled out TF's Ult, and he wouldn't of seen ya.