[Guide] Nasty Nidalee - Top Tier AD Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madawc

01-12-2010

nidalee is very versatile and both builds can work.
i would go trinity force/boots3/void staff/last whisper the best of everything
games wont last past this

Gandalf 007

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post

Sorry but, Nidalee is an inferior support champion compared to others if thats what you wish to play her as, I honestly think without a doubt that she is 100% better as a Physical Carry/Hybrid.
I guess it's a good thing that AP Nidalee is impossible to pigeonhole into some mold of a single adjective description like "support", just as AD Nidalee is not entirely some "DPS Carry"

I play AP Nidalee to win games. Simple as that.

Along the way, sometimes I'm supporting people.

flankd

The Council

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf 007 View Post
I guess it's a good thing that AP Nidalee is impossible to pigeonhole into some mold of a single adjective description like "support", just as AD Nidalee is not entirely some "DPS Carry"

I play AP Nidalee to win games. Simple as that.

Along the way, sometimes I'm supporting people.
With ratios as poor as hers, besides Primal Surge, she's more of a carry then a support.

WesleyC

01-13-2010

Nice guide.

You touched on jungling - I always spend a lot of time there after L6. With no natural slows/stuns but incredible mobility and burst damage I make getting the lizard buff a very high priority. Once you have the Lizard buff and Sheen you can solo the Dragon VERY fast - I'll usually to take it down as soon as I hit Level 6 if the other team lets me.

I've messed around with both attack damage and AP item builds and had success (and failures :P) with both. I think Nidalee is another champion that is very powerful but team dependent. You're reliant on the rest of your team to disable the enemy long enough for you to take them out. Without good disables there's not a lot you can do.

flankd

The Council

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyC View Post
Nice guide.

You touched on jungling - I always spend a lot of time there after L6. With no natural slows/stuns but incredible mobility and burst damage I make getting the lizard buff a very high priority. Once you have the Lizard buff and Sheen you can solo the Dragon VERY fast - I'll usually to take it down as soon as I hit Level 6 if the other team lets me.

I've messed around with both attack damage and AP item builds and had success (and failures :P) with both. I think Nidalee is another champion that is very powerful but team dependent. You're reliant on the rest of your team to disable the enemy long enough for you to take them out. Without good disables there's not a lot you can do.
Yeah, I only touched on jungling but you make a valid point. I'll try to be a little more detailed, for right now though... I will say that I always kill lifesteal camp & golem/wolves depending which spawned between creep waves in mid, or if I push the tower too far. I take those every chance I get the golems are really good XP.

Gandalf 007

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
With ratios as poor as hers, besides Primal Surge, she's more of a carry then a support.
Golly, it sure is weird then that AP Nidalee can out-jungle, out-farm, and out-kill (enemy champs) every single other support champion in this game, isn't it?

Yknow, with her terrible ratios and all.

Hammock

01-13-2010

This build is very close to how I build my Nidalee, just minor differences in orders and stuff.

I prefer AD over AP. One disadvantage of AP over AD which nobody seems to care about (maybe it's because everyone's soo greedy). Is that the AP build seems very reliant on golem/lizard buffs.

You're not the only one on the team that can utilize them, and you can be completely self sufficient as an AD Nidalee without them with a couple minor tweaks to your item build. Which lets another one of your team mates (or a couple), utilize those neutral creep buffs, while you really don't need them (they're nice to have, but you really don't need them).

So the way I see it you can be just as efficient with AP as AD with those buffs, and hog them all game, or you can be just as efficient with AD as AP without those buffs, and have another team mate of yours increasing his strength using them. 2 strong people in my mind is better than 1.

Just another way to look at it is all.

With AD Nidalee though, i've had games where if the enemy team was distracted in Mid trying to push a tower my defenders are stalling them at, I've been able to take down 2 towers back to back before they can even respond to the first tower going down.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

01-13-2010

I owned flankd's Nidalee mid, the end!

flankd

The Council

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf 007 View Post
Golly, it sure is weird then that AP Nidalee can out-jungle, out-farm, and out-kill (enemy champs) every single other support champion in this game, isn't it?

Yknow, with her terrible ratios and all.
Sigh, I don't feel like arguing... I could say the same about AD Nidalee. The point is, I feel AP is kind of waste considering her spells don't have amazing ratios. Focus fire is what wins games, AD is better for that. Fact. Not my imagination, AD is also better at taking down towers. Also not my imagination.

Either way, your total games played is drastically lower than mine which means you aren't even close to the Elo bracket I'm in, and I'm not trying to be cocky but the games we play are very different. Unless that's your smurf I have a really hard time understanding where your coming from, because in my bracket. I don't see AP Nidalee's, i've seen 1 or 2 maybe a game here or there and that's it.

itsSlicer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

If you want a ranged DPS char go play Ashe.

I also agree however, that building AP just for cougar stance damage output isn't the smartest thing.

Basically.

Sheen
Boots
Rylai's
Infinity
Triforce
Banshees, another Rylai's, or some sort of AD DPS item depending on the situation

The rylai's gives added health and you use it for cougar mode, not because you're trying to get a slow off of javelin. I find that nidalee's ranged autoattack is so short that it might as well be melee, and you might as well play ashe or yi. If your team is kicking ass then go ahead and use the autoattack to help focus fire, but other than that go with cougar form. Definitely get cleanse to pounce out and go back in human form after your triple combo to continue using your spears if you get cc'd.

On the other hand, has the council tried playing udyr? He's pretty decent now. All he needs is for his bear stance stun to be a short range AoE like TF's gold card use to be and he'd be OP.