Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bilgewater Cutlass lacks development on champs that don't use AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chthulu

Recruiter

01-15-2011

Quote:
Empress Hilary:
Make the recipe cost scale higher to about 800 or 1k.

Appreciated input - but expand on it. Why?
Cost wise, it adds 15 base damage and 16 - 80 DoT damage over 8 seconds (depending on your crit chance (20% - 100% there) - A longsword costs 415 and grants 10 damage, so the base damage to cost is roughly equivalent.

You get a bonus 5% crit chance, and a bonus 2% lifesteal. Crit is 8% at 400, so you're getting good value there, and lifesteal is 12% @ 450 gold, so you're getting **** value there.

The skills combine (I think the executioner's calling actually *loses* some range) but add nothing new.

It's good value for the cost, but not necessarily gamebreaking. An improved cost seems reasonable enough.
The best part is that each component item provides substantial benefit while you have it, so the buildup is softened (rather than having to farm a BF sword to start)

Either way, numbers are the least important part of the suggestion (they change routinely - see: balancing in patches) - concept, concept, concept!

Avenger Summoner

01-15-2011

I rarely will call or even think any suggested item is good, but this one looks like it may work. Numbers may have to be tweaked slightly (that would be up to Riot) but it looks like an excellent idea. Good work.

5loth

01-15-2011

Totally into this. Use Bilgewater a lot, generally upgrade to Gunblade just to make better use of item slot, and for the 700 range slow. Be awesome to have another option focusing more on the AD/crit side of things.

Morphio

Recruiter

01-15-2011

Quote:
UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 magic damage, reduces healing and regeneration effects, and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (400 range). 60 second cooldown.
too muchs efects to 60 secs cd.... and too for 500 cd

Milskidasith

01-15-2011

The healing reduction duration should be higher. I know you're trying to combine the two actives, but healing being debuffed for only 3 seconds makes the healing debuff part of Executioners pretty bad.

Manectric

01-15-2011

i like there is a suspicious lack of lifesteal items that give something beside dmg
plus what whould make it better would add dagger to the mix 20% attk increase and up the recipe by 200
could be considered the main ad champ item and maby give ad chams a chance aganst the Ap dmgers like Kennen and Swain

Kirethorn

01-16-2011

Bilgewater Cutlass just needs a different item to build into. So many games I would have built a cutlass with leftover cash using my vampiric sceptre, but I don't use AP and don't need a revolver.

KingoftheCoopahs

01-16-2011

change executioner's calling to 15% lifesteal 10% crit (from 18% ls and 15% crit) and reduce its recipe cost by 250. 950 materials cost, a 25% increase in base values for roughly a 25% increase in base materials cost. total cost is now 1100.

2925 gold for a cutlass and redesigned calling. recipe cost 575. new stats:
total cost 3500
45 attack damage
30% lifesteal
15% crit strike.
Passive damage 7 per second for 11 seconds
Active damage 250. Range 550. 50% slow for 3 seconds.

the active effect of executioner's calling is massive range and on a very short cooldown, while the active for cutlass is relatively short range and on a long cooldown. to balance this the executioner's calling active will be modified to the passive, so it will always be applied, but its duration must be cut to counterbalance this.

UNIQUE Passive: On hit, you inflict enemies with Grievous Wound, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 5 seconds.

would definitely see this item on every gangplank, trynd, yi, and ren.

ProfessorOwnage

01-16-2011

I think that this is a great idea, but there is a little too much life steal, i'd say like 25-30% lifesteal and you're good to go (prob 25%)

Chthulu

Recruiter

01-16-2011

Quote:
Morphio:
too muchs efects to 60 secs cd.... and too for 500 cd

It's literally just a combination of two existent effects.