Bilgewater Cutlass lacks development on champs that don't use AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chthulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

And this is truly unfortunate.

Bilgewater Cutlass would itemize beautifully on Trundle, Xin Zhao, Pantheon, Tryndamere, and several other phys DPS champions who don't rely on AP to speak of.

I've already made one suggestion, combining it with the Executioner's Calling (another item which is wonderful in theory, but, unfortunately lacking in late-game usability.)

Quote:
Saber of the Soulless:
Bilgewater Cutlass (1825) + Executioner's Calling (1350) + Recipe (700) = 3775

+ 50 Attack Damage (+15 from recipe)
+ 33% Lifesteal
+ 20% Critical Strike (+5% from recipe)

UNIQUE Passive: On hit, cause 4 + (10% of critical strike chance) magic damage per second for 8 seconds.
UNIQUE Passive: On critical hit, reduces healing and regeneration on target by 50% for 2 seconds.
UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (400 range). 60 second cooldown.
(For clarification, that means that if your champion had exactly 20% critical strike chance with the Saber of the Soulless, the DoT would deal 4+2 damage per second for 8 seconds. If your champion had 100% crit chance, the DoT would deal 4+10 damage per second for 8 seconds.)

This suggestion fills a niche for - late game critical strike itemization, a variation in lifesteal + damage items, an effective late game development for both Bilgewater Cutlass and Executioner's Calling that non-AP champions can use.

Whether or not the item comes to fruition in exactly this manner, I think it would be wonderful to see *some* form of item develop for Bilgewater Cutlass.

Hextech Revolver turns into Will of the Ancients for the strictly AP oriented champions.
Bilgewater Cutlass, so tantalizing, really ought to do the same.

Kor3fighter

01-13-2011

Seems a lil 2 much.. i'd say increase the reciple cost heaps..

Though given AP have the deathcap, all for it

Kotorinsmyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

if this was made...and people got 2..you're at 70% lifesteal....thats a lot for not much money...

Chthulu

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotorinsmyth View Post
if this was made...and people got 2..you're at 70% lifesteal....thats a lot for not much money...
3725 is far from inexpensive.
Granted people are able to build it up in parts, but that does not diminish the cost.

Numbers, of course, are trivial - having said that, I do note that my primary concern with the idea, as stands, is that it *does* have extremely high lifesteal (due to the component items)

Having said that, Stark's grants the bearer 20% lifesteal, and costs 1.5k less. (Yes, the two would combine marvelously together) - For an extra 450, you can bring it's lifesteal total up to the same amount that this suggestion has.

Bloodthirster goes up to 25% lifesteal (10% less) and costs 525 less. It adds considerably more damage, however.

So, that said, I acknowledge that the numbers, as such, probably invalidate the Bloodthirster as a viable choice (although it would be *awesome* to transform this suggestion into the Bloodthirster)

It probably also does a bit too much...

There's no real way around that issue without changing the components, fundamentally (pretty much just Executioner's Calling would need the slight rework)

Either way, the suggestion is just to get gears rolling - as the initial post says, whether or not the suggestion is used, Bilgewater needs a combine.

TL;DR - Ignore the numbers, lifesteal comparison for other items, the suggestion is merely to get brain thinking, not set in stone. Bilgewater needs a combine.

Quezhuiaya

01-13-2011

I don't upvote suggested items, but I totally agree with the title of the thread. We just need more albums.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-14-2011

I made one of these suggestions a while ago. For comparison...

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=291467

Crazyflames

01-14-2011

For some reason whenever an item is suggested if its stats go together people complain about it, they say its good on too many champions, than why do items that are perfect for a couple champions get produced, I just don't understand why items that are good for a greater number of champions are not produced.

Chthulu

01-14-2011

Phail - Brilliant minds think alike, it'd seem.
Twice the conceptualization, twice the chance Riot sees it.

Rock on!

SanGuNiang

01-14-2011

BooMP !

Empress Hilary

01-14-2011

Make the recipe cost scale higher to about 800 or 1k.