Renekton's condition...saddens me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhantomChaos

01-13-2011

It appears, fellow Summoners, that we had been misguided in our wild hypothesis with regards to Nasus' brother, Renekton. We all assumed that he was some sort of power hungry member of Nasus' race, or a traitor to his own kind.

We were wrong.

Indeed, Renekton was originally a noble fellow being as Nasus is, being the gatekeeper to this 'Great Library' of their homeworld, sensing and turning away people with dark ambitions. However, continuous exposure to these dark thoughts and ambitions had rendered him insane.

Our condolences to the noble Curator of the Sands, for your brother is not fully at fault for his actions. The dark side of nature is corruptive, yet maddening.

On another note, I suggest researching a way to perhaps reform Renekton, for he did not deserve this for simply doing his duty as the gatekeeper.

-Summoner Raziel, the Phantom of Chaos

Koragon

01-13-2011

I faced this evil my self once before.
But, do not think that this evil cannot be crushed.
We can all escape the evil that can grip us, strong or not.
Renekton does not wish to escape this grasp.

-High Summoner Haelion Bastion

PhantomChaos

01-13-2011

What you say is true, Renekton may 'prefer' his current state. However, I myself believe that he still did not deserve the initial descent into darkness, when he was simply doing his duty as the gatekeeper of the Great Library. Such a noble duty should not have resulted this way.

Koragon

01-13-2011

But, his noble duty was an overshadow to his truly dark nature. If he was a true guardian, a truly noble person, he would have fought this corruption. But like any corruption to become fruitful and win, there has to already be a darkness vast enough to conquer himself inside him. In nature, Renekton was already evil, but his duty veiled his true intentions.

Opreich

01-13-2011

I think Veigar's taunt fits here rather well.

"You deny the darkness in your soul! You deny your power!"

SethCypher

01-13-2011

Darkness does not always equate to insanity and madness Opreich.

However, I have heard that the monks in Ionia have excellent ways to harness the madness within oneself and turn it into power. Perhaps we could ask them for assistance.

ipleadthefif208

01-13-2011

i have seen others under the sway of darkness and over ambitions it is not a pretty sight but i would like to extend a hand to the new champion of friendship hopefuly something good comes out of it.
-Isildur a Noxian Speaker and Advisor

DaWugui

01-13-2011

I feel bad for Nasus. Standing next to his brother, Nasus was the runt of the litter.

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

01-13-2011

I nice chap once told me, "Madness is a lot like gravity. All it needs is a little push."

Darkness is in all of us, no matter how small. All it takes is one bad day to cross the threshold. Especially in this city.

I'm sure Renekton will make a fine addition here.

Zaunite Bartender, Cid Emblem

Dracorya

01-13-2011

OOC:

Looking at Renekton reminds me a lot of Deathwing from WoW. Both were noble guardians who were driven to madness because of the circumstances of their duties.

:/ Also both are insane...but at least it looks like Renekton just wants his existence to end while Deathwing wants to conquer the world.