A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

penileguile

01-12-2010

She's toting sulfuras, the hand of Ragnaros O.o Wow reference much?

Lilli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Meglings aren't a race. Megling is the name of a person, the Megling commandos were named after them. The Megling Commandos are the oldest unit of the Yordle military. Tristrana is a Yordle. Says all of this in Tristrana's Lore thing in her profile.

Nieco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

• Diplomatic Immunity - Poppy focuses intently on a single target, dealing increased damage to them. Poppy is immune to any damage and abilities from enemies other than her target.
can she attack other hereos to? or only the one she cast her ulti to

gunstryder

01-13-2010

bwaahaaha another mini

Ryushii Cross

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by spheres View Post
They will probably wait until people have bought this champion before they nerf her down to reasonable levels. Seems like a good business model to me:

1. Create extremely overpowered champion
2. Allow her to be played for free so everyone can know she is crazy overpowered.
3. Wait till everyone buys her after the free period is over.
4. Nerf the **** out of her before the community all quits the game due to balance reasons.
5. Laugh manically to yourself because you just made a **** ton of money.

Sounds like a plan guys, keep up the good work.
Still waiting on that nerf to twitch and shaco, they're worked enough money out of them.

And on to the post. You know, 23 pages of posts cant be bias, she's grossly op as it is. but I'm not just gonna baw about her, I'm going to give my input

MAKE WAY! GOOD SUGGESTION FROM AN ACTUAL GAME DEVELOPER COMING THROUGH!!

Devastating blow. I think this is en, but some think this is op. I say make it scale from 5%-10% based on level. and do not add damage based on AP, % chunk is already enough.. just ask mundo.

Paragon. I'd have to see what the values are, but this one doesn't sound so bad. Remove the "max stacks" part of her active and just give her bonus speed, becuase if she gets a stack on hit, she wont need to have it cap charges, if she's runnign she probably wont need it anyway. OR Instead of giving her move speed, make her immune to slows for 5 seconds.. I REPEAT, IF YOU DO THIS, DO NOT GIVE HER MOVE SPEED BONUS.

Heroic Charge. Make this a target ability, not a slide like maphite's. This will prevent abuse of the skill to cheat.

Immunity. Change it to immunity to just the target, not to everybody but. we have enough unfair immunity ults, and this just takes the cake. Even for a tank, this is way out of line.

Valiant. Ok, at first glance this looks like a good passive, but when you dig into it, there is so much wrong with this. firstly, it doesn't just hurt melee kings like yi and teemo, it kills EVERY champ, which makes her the single best champ in the game, hands down. I suggest changign this to just melee damage, becuase spellcasters are crippled the worst from this because they have to rely on their spells to do the burst damage critmongers use, and even non-crit DPS like ashe can do damage right after another, but casters have to wait for cool down, which as any annie, veiger, or anavia knows, is the true boarder of life and death.

so i'm BEGGING you guys.. please please PLEASE read this post and take it to heart, don't just brush it off as another little kid's crying. I'm no kid, i know wtf im talk about.

Milln

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruibarian View Post
I think it's a nice looking champ and all... But I'd like to see Twisted Treeline released, or get some ranked play going, or something innovative that isn't just a bunch of other champs thrown into one. "The super Yordle" doesn't really show any signs of being unique, her ult is basically Trynd's rebalanced, the's got Alistar's headbutt reworked, which is kinda cool, I like the terrain thing, her passive is a better version of Sion's, Paragon is intriguing as a skill that works on gaining stacks while being hit, but we already have an item working off effects like that in Warden's, but, being positive again, I will be interested in stacking those two effects, her hammer smash seems like a beefy version of Nasus Siphoning that doesn't pick up stacks because it's already gonna rip tanks to shreds, you know, I like the idea, I just think it's bad timing... Map plox?

EDIT:::

For all you special ed kids who thought Megling was a race, the Megling Commandos are an elite group of YORDLES from BANDLE CITY.

Well if you're going to be that pessimistic and shallow minded, EVERYTHING in every game is uninventive, trite, and cliche. Every video game story is simply a retool of another one, and every special move has no uniqueness because it has something that seems familiar to another special move.

Chill out.

Dorien

01-13-2010

like a melee tristanna. anyone agree?

ElTioTazza

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleseism View Post
req: Ice Climbers
well.....the esquimal raider on nunu.....>.>

well i think that the passive it's quite op, i mean "current health" come on, how about base health? u must think that it can be a huge tank, and..... it will screw all the players, when she is on about...let's say 600hp it will reduce all incoming dmg, kinda ultimate defense on lineage 2 or wth she will be a walking wall =/
"oh i'm going to die, wait i have my passive, there u go i killed 2 more champs =D now i can die happy"

Naota

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn View Post
Who writes the stories? Most of them are pretty average and there's quite a bit of cliche.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord GiantR View Post
Btw is it just me or the new lore on EVERY cahmp far worse than the old lore, and since its like that Poppy is a megling.
THIS.

However, I actually rather liked Poppy's lore compared to the overwhelming majority of the other champions in spite of the seemingly omnipresent "Noxians are bad!" revenge story formula. It may not be incredibly inventive or interest-grabbing, but it's certainly not actively bad or facepalm-inducing. Tryndamere and Rammus on the other hand...

namhuy123

01-13-2010

me too I can wait to play I think new champion must be very pwerful