A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ENÐER

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
I wonder if Dip Immunity can target towers. Anyway, her passives are just so suited for tanking. Can't wait to try her.

PS: How many Yordles will this make?
No it cant target towers, only champions. Similar to alistars headbutt you cant target creeps or turrets or anything other than champs.

n4l3m4g3

01-10-2010

poppy is chubby

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

Btw is it just me or the new lore on EVERY cahmp far worse than the old lore, and since its like that Poppy is a megling.

Yana

01-10-2010

Okay, can we have confirmation from test-realm players? Does her ult affect damage, or all abilities and CC?

Because if it does affect CC, that's is *completely* different to Kayle and Tryn, and much harder to counter. Although that said, I'm not a big fan of total-damage-invulnerability skills in the first place...

Eznouras

01-10-2010

Without numbers for the abilities there is no way to know if she is OP. You don't know the cooldown of the ult, you dont know base damage for abilities or movement speed increase. There is no possible way to think about a character and accurately balance her in your mind to all 40 or so other characters. If she is OP on the test realm, I would assume she is going to the normal realm less powerful. Guys really whining about OP before even in game is a little absurd.

smokeD

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yana View Post
Okay, can we have confirmation from test-realm players? Does her ult affect damage, or all abilities and CC?

Because if it does affect CC, that's is *completely* different to Kayle and Tryn, and much harder to counter. Although that said, I'm not a big fan of total-damage-invulnerability skills in the first place...
It affects damage, but the stupid part of the ult is you just have to target something that does no dmg to you for the most part, for example you *could* (not sure if you still can) target creeps with it and be invulnerable from everyone.

Most people didn't play her as tanks also so I dont know what that kid was talking about saying she only is meant to tank.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eznouras View Post
Without numbers for the abilities there is no way to know if she is OP. You don't know the cooldown of the ult, you dont know base damage for abilities or movement speed increase. There is no possible way to think about a character and accurately balance her in your mind to all 40 or so other characters. If she is OP on the test realm, I would assume she is going to the normal realm less powerful. Guys really whining about OP before even in game is a little absurd.

On the test realm she was not OP , I played her and must say I felt her as a balanced char, with a tad too powerfull ult (8 seconds at rank 3, giving full imunity to CC and damage from targets that are not the selected).

Vesagen

01-10-2010

Is it just me, or does she look like White Mage from 8-Bit theater? I want to say that because they both weild hammers and she looks like a counterpart to Velgar who's a dead ringer for Black Mage.

Oh Riot Games and your ever-lovin' fascination for Square Enix

Torinux

01-10-2010

Finally something to stop those E-Thugs players who think so high of themselves using chars that the only skill it requires is spamming R too much or gay stealths*Yi/Kat/Shaco* mostly those will be the ones asking for nerfs.

Aeorila

01-10-2010

Which one is her ultimate? She has lots of good moves lol, i think everybody will want a nerf.