Summoner Spells not activating.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostbuster Tim

01-13-2011

Alright ever since Cassiopeia's release I have been having issues with summoner spells not activating on command. however at that time I thought it was due to my keyboard dieing, (It was seven years old.), It was a logitech G15. I recently bought a new logitech G510 and the problem is persistent.
During random moments in game I am unable to use summoner spells, and some times character ability's. Normally I am only locked out of them for 4-6 seconds, but in the heat of the moment it can be crippling to not able to preform some actions for such a long period of time. Now this doesn't only happen in combat.
I could be at fountain trying to use ghost to get back out into a lane quickly, and the spell will not activate. During the time that this happens my ping and frames stay the same from the start of the game. I normally have a ping of 30-35 and 40-50 fps all game,
I am also able to move and counter with character ability's but my summoner spells wont activate. This is not a lag issue from what I can gather and most obviously because I can still play for the most part. No game play is disrupted except for the ability to use summoner spells and occasional character ability. Normally the Q skill. but this happens rarely. the summoner spell lock out happens at least two times a game. and I have no clue as to whats causing it. If you require additional information on my rig, please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue it is greatly appreciated.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Hi Kitsura,

So if I'm understanding you correctly, essentially your skills are showing as up, but when you use them it doesn't work - correct?

If this is the case, can you try a test for me: Count the timers. For example:

- Play a practice game
- Let's say your R has a 60 second cooldown. Count it. Use it, then count it down, keeping an eye on it.
- Is it getting to 60 seconds, or showing as 'up' before this time?

Ghostbuster Tim

01-13-2011

The problem only occurs with the summoner spells "D" and "F" sometimes "Q" will not respond either.

edit- I'm trying to get a video of such a situation for you.

somalar

01-13-2011

I have this exact same situation and have been looking for help on this, but nobody has responded. Its the exact same case and problems that I am also experiencing. The odd thing is in a practice game that I start, I never have these errors. Everything that I can do to configure the game on my end is set, whatever information that you need to solve this I would glady help.
To give an example I just played an aram game with karthus and for I'd say 15 seconds I wasnt able to activate my ult despite it being off cooldown, while receiving the yellow spell is not ready error from the hud. While being unable to use my ult I am able to move and use all my other abilities but for some reason certain abilities have this odd tendancy to lock up.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

somalar, I give you the same suggestion. Can you use Karthus' R for example, then watch the countdown? It sounds to me like it's SHOWING as being up, before the time is actually up.

Ghostbuster Tim

01-13-2011

After playing practice game i was able to recreate the problem and recorded it, I'm in the process of editing the video and uploading it now. Thank you for the quick response by the way, I forgot to mention it earlier.

Ghostbuster Tim

01-13-2011

Alright all loaded up. The sound did not sync with the recording so sound will be off but you should be able to get the idea of the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo6IFjDTUg

if you require any more information please let me know.

edit- and now i know i have 0 video editing skills lol.

Eambo

01-13-2011

http://www.xfire.com/video/3720ba/

It still sounds to me like what I was describing earlier. Let's say clarity is 130 seconds long. What it seems like is your timer is coming 'up' before the 130 seconds is up. This makes it seem like it's ready to go, however it won't be until these 130 seconds actually pass (IE: 130 second cooldown, at 120 seconds it shows as 'up', but won't work for another 10 seconds)

Pawnbroker

01-13-2011

I have had a few isntances where I push a Q or W spell two or three times and it doesn't react as if I'm silenced, and it happens when I have not been silenced. I was playing annie, I dropped tibbers and was going to use the Q and W spells one after the other against Ashe. I hit Q and clicked on Ashe and pushed W and clicked as fast as I could. Niether spell went off. I tried to do it a second time before she killed me and all I managed to do was waste my clarity and use up my health potion on accident. =)

Still could have been a fluke on my part some how, but I'm pretty sure I was performing the spells right, so I have seen it happen once or twice.

Ghostbuster Tim

01-13-2011

Ok, so how would I go about fixing this problem? I have tried reinstalling and that did not seem to help.

Again thank you for the quick responses it is much appreciated,