Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

teamates sharing gold ingame? do we want that?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orion846

01-13-2011

just curious if there's been an official riot stance on whether or not they'd ever make it so that ingame you could give your gold to team mates if you chose.

off the top of my head it'd be nice for a carry to be able to help a tank afford oracles, perhaps that'd be some sort of indirect nerf to stealth that people seem to want, without ****ing too much with mechanics.

i've never seen people talk about this so just wondering if anyone remembers riot saying whether this would never happen, or if they were perhap considering it

edit for the fast trolls: jesus christ, put limits on it, one player able to gift to another in team every 4 minutes, or a limit on how much you can gift at a time (with a timer on it) see how easy it is to think and design without simply saying LOLNOWTF?

take 50% of the gold away when its gifted so theres a penalty for it

don't allow gold gifting till 25 minutes or so, similar to surrender limit

jesus kids take a critical thinking course or something. you're so close minded

WhatsAGrimace

01-13-2011

give your carry 2500g to start laning with.

HateYerGuts

01-13-2011

Why even bring up such an obvious bad idea?

Here, let's give all our money to MF. 5 minute IE, how'd you do it?!

Just...no.

NGrA2KgwQ9

01-13-2011

"hey guys, I'm a trynda, give me all your money so I can have my full build before 30 minutes"

xiiUndeadEwok

01-13-2011

If you could limit it somehow than it could work, but I see too many problems with this seeing how you can feed your tank or your dps gold so they get the items properly needed to suit you in battle.

Warbéar

01-13-2011

Meh I don't know the idea isn't bad but it would be easy to exploit? I'm not sure.

orion846

01-13-2011

jesus christ, put limits on it, one player able to gift to another in team every 4 minutes, or a limit on how much you can gift at a time (with a timer on it) see how easy it is to think and design without simply saying LOLNOWTF?

Sfyri Ithikos

01-13-2011

haven't said anything about it but they shouldn't.

Basically what it means is you get someone on your team who is an AMAZING farmer (i.e. Ashe or GP), have them buy 6 avarice blade and basically have them sit in the back and give all the gold to the carry, who in turn, regardless of score, gets a set up that makes it so that they might as well have been fed.

It would imbalance things a bit.

Japanadian

01-13-2011

and now every team has a champ that creep farms easily and then just gives it to whoever needs it, that's gonna be gay

Japanadian

01-13-2011

Quote:
orion846:
jesus christ, put limits on it, one player able to gift to another in team every 4 minutes, or a limit on how much you can gift at a time (with a timer on it) see how easy it is to think and design without simply saying LOLNOWTF?

what's the point of doing it at all if you're gonna limit how much you can gift