Dealing with Evelyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wizuriel

01-13-2011

Hello. I'm still a relatively new player and just looking for some help. I normally play solo que and have seen Evelyn in a few games now. I just have no idea how to counter her. I normally play squishy characters which doesn't help (Tristana and Karthus being my main 2). If I try to push I get ganked, if I keep buying oracle elixirs I find I'm at a serious money disadvantage to the other team. Pretty much I find playing her I need to play very defensively and hug towers which I find is a losing strategy as the other team will get a huge level and money advantage. So any tips?

edit: Main summoner spells I choose are usually ignite and teleport/ghost

blakMike

01-13-2011

if you play trist or karth you should be able to safely last hit while playing defensively. Just don't push your lane or sit thre mindlessly autoattacking the creepwaves. You need to last hit, and that will allow the enemy minion wave to push you to your tower while allowing you to farm. Once you get decent farm, wards and elixirs arent hard to buy

Reaver Forte

01-13-2011

Since you're a new player and likely in a low ELO situation, I'll give you what advice I can offer.

Your team needs to work together to beat Eve. Eve is a hero that relies on deception and confusion to be successful because all of her work is based around a stealth mechanic. Get your beefiest champ to grab an oracles.

It depends what lane you're in, really, but if you see Eve go missing, don't overextend or push your lane too far.

Crayon Puppet

01-13-2011

Play ranked and ban, there is no reasonable counter to her, cost too much gold and overly passive play

xTheMadHatter

01-13-2011

Don't stand infront or at the back of your tower, stand at the side. That way u can live for 2 seconds longer it takes her to kill you.

Edit: awww the good advice always gets teh downvotez

audiotrash

01-13-2011

1. Last hit minions, don't make the enemy hug their tower all the time.
2. Buy 2 vision wards instead of boots first.
3. Take flash and react fast after she stuns you.
4. For mid-game buy banshees veil (she cant stun you then).
5. In the group-phase, get the tank to buy an oracle.
6. Play her yourself. So much fun when everyone is scared of you.

I really never have problems with eve as an enemy. I normally get my team to buy oracles mid-game. If everyone in the team has an oracle eve is scared to attack alone

Sturg86

01-13-2011

Play semi-passive, you should be able to last hit most of the minions in a wave and stay in exp range while still being in a safe enough location to escape to the tower when eve comes for you.

150g wards will let you see her and unlike oracles, she wont necessarily know you have it.

or play tanky dps and turn the gank around by soloing her ;p

WhatsAGrimace

01-13-2011

are they laning or jungling?
if they are laning you will have to start looking at the map to see when she is missing (her invis doesnt last very long at the start so once she goes missing you will know shes on her way)
later on buy a invis ward to place in your lane if playing tris you can escape with jump once you see her comming.
and last: Pray to god that your team wont feed her.

you could always buy her and join the dark side.

Schwartzy

01-13-2011

As a regular Eve player, I'm perfectly aware of how much of a pain in the rear she can be. Once she's fed, she's hard to stop. I'll stealth even though the other team has oracle, just so I can still use my stun. It also depends on how she's built. My best advice is try to kill her a lot early game, when she's extremely vulnerable, and be extremely cautious of Eve ganks, especially if you're squishy.