do "carry" champs really "carry"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegendReborn

01-13-2011

League of Legends carries are different than the DotA carries. In DotA a carry will be able to 1v5 the enemy team with his magic immunity item and massive dps. In League of Legends the carry is more of the main source of dps for the team and who you normally protect during the team fight.

The term carry is still usable in League of Legends but people try to attach too much of the DotA mentality to it.

Jericho Hill

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Poster View Post
I address this in my post that got toolishly downvote-locked.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=444911
I read your post. You hit the nail on the head. Why did this get downvoted so bad?

Badministrator

01-13-2011

A carry is called a carry because the team has to carry them to late game which is their dominant period. Most of you have this definition totally backward.

MaR10s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Poster View Post
I address this in my post that got toolishly downvote-locked.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=444911
Lol why did this get downvoted? It's pretty true. LoL champions are much more complete, where Dota heroes were more focused to their role. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, that is a matter of personal preference.

Forum Poster

01-13-2011

It got downvoted because this community doesn't know what it thinks, and hate everything.

AychAychAych

01-13-2011

There are two different things:
TO CARRY and A CARRY
A CARRY is a role for champions. It means that champions scales with time, as in becomes more powerful as the game goes. A CARRY is a loose term in League of Legends compared to Dota, because scaling is so common.

TO CARRY is action, "To carry the team" in its most common form. CARRYING your team is being the MVP, the most important person.