Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Has Vladimir's pool been changed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exothermicity

01-13-2011

I don't have the character myself to test and can't find any thread about it so I guess it has not, but I'm still looking for a confirmation.

The other day I was playing a game with a Vladimir that turretdived another and just as the turret shot the last shot, he used pool and still died. I tried to figure out what else could've killed him, thinking if a DoT could've been placed on him and so on, but couldn't think of anything, he himself also went ''wtf''.

Then today I was playing a match with a Vladimir saying they changed how the pool works, when we were speaking of the other team's Crowd Control.

Now, is it any different?

Nyxian

01-13-2011

As it stands:

Any targeted, (Non skillshot) damage or CC ability will continue to hit, damage, and CC vlad if he is in pool, assuming he was TARGETED before he pooled. He is untargatable after he pools, however whatever projectiles flying still hit.

Exothermicity

01-13-2011

Hmm, was pretty sure he used to be able to dodge stuns like Sion's, even after the projectile was going for him.

Played against him as Anivia before, and if I used Frostbite he pooled and seemed to have taken no damage from the actual skill.

Joyrock

01-13-2011

Yeah, it still pops projectiles, but not all.

Melomaniac

01-13-2011

projectile popping pool = op.

Bring on the downvotes.

GeneralCake

01-13-2011

Quote:
Exothermicity:
Hmm, was pretty sure he used to be able to dodge stuns like Sion's, even after the projectile was going for him.

Played against him as Anivia before, and if I used Frostbite he pooled and seemed to have taken no damage from the actual skill.

He takes damage from DoTs that are still on him.

So things such as ignite, fiddles drain, malz DoT and ult, etc. If they're already applied, they'll keep going.

Erebos

01-13-2011

He pooled to late. You need a perfect timing for pool. Also Alistar can knock Vlad up in pool, if not right timed, and many other skills pwn him too.

As Vlad player, you have to know enemy skills and CD in perfection Dieing to a turret, that just can be such a troll who QQ ed in the Forum about Vlad, and then bought him because he thought hes really that easy, lulz.

Pool isn't "press W for sure escape", dont care how much dumbs are telling that.

Japanadian

01-13-2011

yup he pooled too late, you have to pool before the tower shot fires, not while it's in the air, if you want to dodge it

Rambo17

01-13-2011

You cannot avoid Turret hits, however you can avoid almost anything (some exeption are Kassadin's silence and Katarina's bounces

Erebos

01-13-2011

Got downvoted by who for what?

Whenever my postings contain the word "Vlad" i get downvoted, lets test that.

Vlad