Annoying comp teams that I get stomped against.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmyOverlord

01-08-2010

Okay, so earlier...

My team: Nasus (me), Master Yi, Gangplank, Teemo, (forgot last x_x)

Enemy: Ryze, Mundo, Morgana, Ashe, Gangplank.

We get dominated in 5v5 team fights? Why? The Mundo can tank like a *****. He also has a spammable slow with Cleaver. Then there's Morgana. Using Tormented Soul with Dark Bind. Meaning you can't move at ALL for 2.5 seconds. AKA you die. Oh, then Ryze comes up. He has incredible burst along with a 2.4 snare using Rune Prison. >_> Then we have Ashe. She is the snare master. Get out of her range? NOPE. Ultimate. Try to run? NOPE. Volley. You get out of that snare with Cleanse/personal skill? NOPE. Frost Shot. And if that isn't enough, we have the crit ***** Gangplank. If all the slows and snares don't get you, his ultimate WILL in a teamfight.

So, yeah. :|

Just lost another game.

My team: Master Yi (me), Veigar, Cho'Gath, Gangplank, Veigar

Enemy team: Nidalee, Twitch, Cho'Gath, Taric, Katarina

We pretty much got dominated. I only got one tower down, and that was mid against Nidalee. But then they decided to run around in 5man gank squads and push every tower and lane. Which is complete bull****. Cho and Kat pretty much killed anyone. Rupture + Feral while Kat Shunpo'd and used Death Lotus. >.>

How2beatgayteemz?

JunkRamen

01-08-2010

1st game: Stack MR, kill Ashe if you can asap otherwise Ryze. Bring an INITIATOR to your team, Nasus can't really do it.

2nd game: You had two Veigars, I dunno how you could lose :P

AmyOverlord

01-08-2010

You do realize that if we commit to killing Ashe, her **** team will just snare and burst down anyone attempting to touch her?

Shatterlight

01-08-2010

Part of the problem might be your teamwork >.> I mean, honestly, you don't even know the champions on your team?

And if you commit to killing Ashe, they can't snare your ENTIRE team at once, can they? Although, your first team comp you used doesn't appear to have ANY sort of CC whatsoever. Unless I am forgetting something, you don't even have a slow. Looks like a pubbystomper team, tbh :P

JunkRamen

01-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
You do realize that if we commit to killing Ashe, her **** team will just snare and burst down anyone attempting to touch her?
Oh, you're right. Ashe absolutely cannot be killed in any situation.

edit: /sarcasm

ALCie

01-08-2010

First game:

Yi, Gangplank and Nasus. 3 carries, 2 CC (both on long cooldown), all melee, NO STUNS, 1 AoE, no support/mages, no good initiator

While they have 3 Stuns, Killer AoE, good amount of CC, mixture of melee and ranged

Second game:

You have 1 stun, 2 CCs (Chos not that reliable), focus on melee (assuming you dont have 2 Veigars), limited AoE, silence (great to have except they are mostly physical), not that bad a team actually...

They have lots of AoE, a good support (and Nidalee's support as well)

Basically your teams need to be more diverse, which is hard in a pug. Choose your hero last and go for what you think would add diversity to the team (e.g. if you see Gangplank and Nasus, Yi would not be the best choice).

None of what you described is bull****. 5 man gank squads are part of the game and every team should have a solid selection CCs and stuns. AoE is needed for big team fights and its always good to have an initiator (usually falls onto the tank's shoulders).

Learn to play more types of heroes so you can fill in the gaps or get a team of friends who each like to play different types of characters. Hate to say it but those games (first one at least) were lost before they even started (assuming MM did its job).

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

.... the real tryhard group:
disclaimer: using this premade will get your opponents to be really annoyed. in higher elo games, anybody who uses this setup will be called a tryhard and flamed.

twitch - cleanse/rally
kayle - clarity/heal
alistar - ghost/flash
annie - ignite/ghost
gangplank - rally/ghost

AmyOverlord

01-09-2010

It's the fact that 5man gank squads are annoying when they suddenly catch someone jungling (and we're unaware) then it's down to 3-4 people to take down 5 people pushing 3 towers and an inhibitor.

And I can only have so many heroes available. We actually go in pre-mades. My friends buy the bundles and **** and have nearly every hero unlocked, but they can only play very few well. I, however, can't use real money (for lack of a credit/debit card and prepaid cards in my area) so I have to spend IP on EVERYTHING.

Avloren

01-09-2010

No matter who your enemies are, you really need one good tank/stun/initiator (Rammus, Malphite, Nunu, Blitz, Alistar, Singed, Amumu). Champions like Nasus, Cho, Mundo, etc are usually considered "tanks" but really they're more like tough-to-kill damage dealers, their CC is unreliable or single-target only. They're still good champions to have, sure, but you need one of the above-mentioned tanks in addition to them.

That being said your second team was pretty good, between Veigar, Cho, and Gang you should have aoe stuns/slows covered pretty well and have a shot at winning the teamfights, it sounds like your loss was a failure to coordinate. The first time one of your teammates gets ganked by all 5 of the enemy team, this is a clear message to your team: stop jungling and laning solo, that part of the game is over, get together in your own 5-man squad and gank them back. Sure one of your team is dead already, but 4 of you should be able to defend until he's back and you have a chance to turn things around. Just don't continue feeding them 1-2 easy kills at a time and you can still win.

GNOY

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
.... the real tryhard group:
disclaimer: using this premade will get your opponents to be really annoyed. in higher elo games, anybody who uses this setup will be called a tryhard and flamed.

twitch - cleanse/rally
kayle - clarity/heal
alistar - ghost/flash
annie - ignite/ghost
gangplank - rally/ghost
I dont see clairvoyance here...fail, and i even wont ask why Alistair needs ghost.