@Riot/Community Thoughts on Irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maikky

01-13-2011

I love her design and what not but she still feels like a subpar jack of all trades.

She is wayyyy TOO hybrid in my opinion

but what do you guys think?

does she need a buff or is she good?

PENHALIGAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

shes fine. i do great with her all the time. shes great at juking and 1v1 and is able to hold her own in team fights while dealing a lot of damage. she just takes a brain to play. i have a ton of good games with her in my history.

Rhetorical Hippo

01-13-2011

A bit underwhelming overall but is definitely not "trash".

Her CC and Mobility make me a little bit scared of her on a reasonably setup team. There are several champions I cannot say that about.

Maikky

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENHALIGAN View Post
shes fine. i do great with her all the time. shes great at juking and 1v1 and is able to hold her own in team fights while dealing a lot of damage. she just takes a brain to play. i have a ton of good games with her in my history.
how do you build her?

rehspuhkuh

01-13-2011

I really like where she is now, despite a few occasional bugs. She's a lot of fun to play. She is sorta all over the place, but I sorta see it more of her being a flexible champion rather than a jack of all trades. Because of this she has a lot of potential builds, and I find it a refreshing strength of hers that she doesn't have a concrete build every game.

I honestly find her built hybrid to be a little underwhelming, but I probably havn't found the right blend yet.

TehGus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

She's perfectly fine at the moment.

LaFreeze

01-13-2011

She isn't really hybrid so much as spread out. None of her stuff really works well with the other.

I agree that I like her design but she feels a sub-par master of nothing. I'd rather see a mild redesign to restore some of her original offense/defense concept and tweek her gameplay rathen then just a simple buff.

She is one of those characters that can help a winning team win more by jungling and ganking but falls appart if the other team pulls a bit ahead and her combo falls short of ganking people.

As a rule any character that HAS to build Shen right away to be effective (which is the common thought right now it seems for Irelia) probably needs some adjustments. Like Sona when Locket was around she was much more effective because the item tied so well into her game play but that has more to do with the power of locket rather then the effectiveness of Irelia.

PENHALIGAN

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikky View Post
how do you build her?
i always jungle with her, so i start with madreds to bloodrazor, zerkers, frozen mallet, GA, Banshees and starks

the last three i get in whatever order i see fit, but the game usually ends by the time ive finished mallet. if you do well ganking, you can have two turrets in one lane down by 10 minutes. i had 7 turret kills yesterday, and we finished the game before 25 mins.

PENHALIGAN

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFreeze View Post

As a rule any character that HAS to build Shen right away to be effective probably needs some adjustments.
im going to assume you mean sheen? i have never built that on her... her leap deals on hit effects, idk why you would need sheen.

AA247

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENHALIGAN View Post
im going to assume you mean sheen? i have never built that on her... her leap deals on hit effects, idk why you would need sheen.
actually she lanes very well with shen. There are two main builds. Triforce cleaver and madreds AS. AS is better dps. Triforce has better burst and heal